“Very well maintained”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
“Very well maintained”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful. IIRC, the front desk clerk said the hotel is 5 years old, but everything is perfectly maintained and spotless including the landscaping. Standard king room has desk, one upholstered chair, large dresser, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and 32" HDTV. Seems like they have more TV channels than most Marriotts. Decor is up to date. Bathroom has a 5' long counter, much better than those tiny counters. A/C worked great in both rooms I've stayed in. Breakfast starts at 6, but they have coffee ready long before that if you don't want to brew it yourself. Location is close to interstate, but quiet and within walking distance to 3 restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Good4uAlabama, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Dec62,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. We are owned by a wonderful company that truly cares about maintaining their properties and creating loyal guests. We want everyone to have a wonderful experience when they stay with us. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future. If you stay on the First Friday of each month Gadsden blocks off their downtown area and has a great set up with food vendors, live musicians, antique cars, and all of the shops stay open late as well. It is something I always enjoy attending.

SIncerely,
GM.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Meadows Of Dan
Reviewed 26 July 2014

For a motel to rate Excellent means a lot. This Fairfield Inn rated Excellent in every way. Everything worked. Room was very clean, staff was very courteous and helpful, location is just off interstate, truck parking w/well-lit parking area. Motel is within walking distance of Cracker Barrel, and other restaurants are nearby. The motel breakfast was very good and plenty of it, and the coffee was excellent. Would recommend to family and friends and would certainly stay at this Fairfield Inn again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Good4uAlabama, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear DougLMeadowwsofDan,

I am so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Spruce Pine, Alabama
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is clean , desk clerk was very helpful and friendly and its location is very good for restaurants and shopping . I would like to recommend the top of the river restaurant to anyone visiting the area. The reason for our trip was untamed mountain/ tigers for tomorrow and just to getaway for a day.

Room Tip: to me all room would be equal on noise level
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Good4uAlabama, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear RSHA9268,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Tigers for Tommorrow as well. We look forward to your next visit. Noccullula Falls and Mentone are both nice places to visit as well. We look forward to seeing you again.

Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

After we checked in, I noticed that every pillow was down. I'm allergic, and I should have included that information when I made the reservation. I called down to the front desk and asked for foam pillows. I was told that they only had 1 at the desk and would bring others in a bit. I was heading out to an event when someone came with 3 pillows. When I returned, I found that only 1 of the 3 she had brought was foam. The others were still feathers. I went down the street and bought my own pillow. In general, the place is great. The staff is very very nice. The room was clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DHARDIN,

I would like to apologize for the confusion with the Feather Free Pillows. I am sure that this was frustrating for you. I appreciate that you brought this to my attention. I will be sure that our staff is aware of the difference in the pillow types from now on. I am pleased to hear that the rest of your stay was good. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are our way.

SIncerely,
Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here on our way to destin Florida , it was a very nice place , it was very clean also the lady at front desk was very friendly, there are restaurants close by to walk to. Would definitely stay there again. The continental breakfast wasn't great, the waffle maker was broke.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear SHACARDI,

I am so pleased that your enjoyed your visiit with us. I agree that we are in a great location with plenty of restaurants near by. I would like to apologize for the broken waffle maker. We will be sure that this is not an issue on your next trip through. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a positive review for us. We appreciated the feedback.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here while traveling through the area. The hotel is convenient to I-59 and there are plenty of restaurant choices in the area (including Subway, my favorite while traveling). Check-in was fast, front desk was friendly and helpful. The hotel itself looks new as everything was nice and fresh. The room was comfortable and the bed excellent. Breakfast is included and was very good. For the price you pay, this can't be beat! The only negative (a minor one) was that the bath towels were thin - not the quality you'd expect from the Marriott chain. Overall, excellent value and service for the money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cathy023,

I am pleased to hear that your overall stay with us was excellent. We strive to be sure each of our guests have a great guest experience. Marriott is very conscious of our guest comfort levels so I will be sure to pass on the information about the towels. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on our way to Pigeon Forge. Great place to stay & great location just off the interstate. The room was very clean & the bed was comfy. We had a king bed suite with sofa bed for the kids. The hotel is very modern & stylish. Great experience. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sassy3fan,

I hope that your stay in Pigeon Forge was as enjoyable for you as our hotel was. We really appreciate you taking the time to post such a nice review for us. We always want our guests to have a great stay experience. We look forward to you stopping by again soon.