“Nice But A Tad Overpriced”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Gadsden
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
GreenLeadersSilver level
Traveler
“Nice But A Tad Overpriced”
Reviewed 15 December 2008

I got the very last room available. It was a 'handicap' room and wasn't as good as some I've had.
At $116.85 (including tax) this was somewhat overpriced in my opinion.
Having said that...my room was quite clean and a pretty good size. It had all the 'extras' one has come to expect from this chain.
The breakfast was good and had a large variety of items to choose from. I personally like making a bacon sandwich in the mornings and I also grabbed several other items as well. Hol-Inn-Exp is one of my favourite chains (the other is Hampton Inns).
The staff here are very-very friendly and eager to help you in any way they can.
If it wasn't for the price (which I feel was about $20 more than it should have been for the room I had) I would have no qualms whatsoever recommending this property to any type of traveller at all

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Overpriced
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 25 October 2008

My wife and I were visiting Alabama for a wedding and were only in town for one evening. We found this hotel to be in great condition with friendly and welcoming staff. The location from Interstate 59 and the walking proximity to Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday's, gas stations and Wal-Mart added to the convienience of our stay. The only bad thing about the stay was the poor quality of the free breakfast. I would avoid the hotel breakfast and walk to Cracker Barrel in the morning. Other than that item, I would recommend to anyone staying at this hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness throughout the hotel
  • Disliked — Breakfast was cold and processed
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
northern England
Reviewed 29 April 2007

This was our very first stay in a Holiday Inn, We just saw this hotel by chance on our travels toTennessee, we were very impressed with the friendly staff & cleanliness of the reception area. Our room was impeccably clean, & had a refridgerator & microwave, it was near to a small supermarket so we bought some beers to be chilled later. The breakfast was very good with lots of variety & the girl looking after the guests never quibbled when the decaff coffee ran out & made another jug. We were only staying one night, but would have gladly stayed another it was so good, nice & quiet too. Bathroom very clean & no problems with any plumbing.
The receptionist was very helpfull & gave me a magazine with all Holiday Inn locations for our travels as we were so impressed with it, so we booked to stay in another one in Nashville - well that's another story !!!!!

• Liked — The location,nice linen & comfortable beds & good breakfast
  • Disliked — Good as a stop off for travelling as a bit out of the way.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rockrose
Downriver Suburbia
Reviewed 2 April 2007

I compliment this as being one of the best Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed in in the southern region. It is exceptionally clean and relaxing. I was impressed with the size and layout of the King Executive Suite and bathroom, larger than most I've stayed in. It appears to be a newer hotel and the amneties show updated freshness. I liked the fact that the linens and bedding were of high-end quality and not the standard blue bedspreads with few pillows. We had no problem with the breakfast area at all, in fact it is a totally relaxing floor plan. The staff could not be nicer and I have highly recommended this hotel to anyone I know visiting the area. The room views are rurally serene and not interrupted by traffic noise and buildings. Convenient location yet set apart. This one gets two thumbs up in our view. I use this Holiday Inn Express as the comparison to others now and the scale seems to tip toward Gadsden's charmer.

• Liked — size, cleanliness and high-end bedding & linens
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2007
3 Thank KimRenee
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 June 2006

Right off the highway, this property excels at cleanliness, service and convenience in a package that exceeds your expectations of a budget hotel. When we stayed there, the property was only five months old, and that showed in the quality of all of the furnishings. We visited for one night with a large group of teenagers, and the staff was very organized and accomodating to our meeting needs. The rooms are a bit on the smallish side for a HI Express, but the new bedding and televisions make you feel like you're staying in a more upscale facility. Free in-room wireless Internet without any TOS nuisances, a wide range of cable stations and "manager features" like afternoon receptions and movie nights make this location great for long term stays.

I knocked it down one orange dot for a couple of reasons - the breakfast needed some attention. The cinnamon rolls were excellent, but there were a few other items that had temperature issues, and there was no plain bread or bagels, only french toast/english muffin options.

Really, if I could have given it four and a half dots, I would have. For a value property, this Holiday Inn Express excels.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank Redbeard25
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 11 April 2006

Very nice, clean hotel. Our room was beautiful. They use the quilts on the bed that have the sheets on the outside so they are cleaned after each stay. Lots of pillows, which I love. The room was spotless. The staff was wonderful! Would stay here anytime.

• Stayed April 2006