“Gotta love a clean hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Gadsden
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sparta, TN
“Gotta love a clean hotel.”
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I had heard about this hotel from a person in our company and we decided to meet family from Mississippi here for a weekend. We also follow them on Twitter and the Ink and Blood Exhibit interested me. Any way, we were greeted so nicely when we checked in and what impressed me so was how clean the entire room was. I really like that. Breakfast was good and we all enjoyed the cinnamon rolls. We had a nice visit with family, enjoyed the exhibit and even did a day of sight seeing in Fort Payne. When we checked out the owner was there asked how everything was and even made me a cup of tea. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I always stay at this Holiday Inn Express when I am in Gadsden. The service is always the best. Great location, great price, clean & spacious rooms, and a great breakfast in the morning. I am close to the businesses I am calling on and my room has a great set for my follow up work I do at night. The front desk is ver y knowledgeable about what's going on in town and always have great recommendations.

Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I stayed at this property because my other choice (Hampton Inn, which at least I was familiar with) was booked. We took two rooms here and they were almost identical. The hotel stay was fine. However, I thought the hotel was too expensive, especially given the region. I paid less to stay at the Wingate in Buckhead in Atlanta than I paid to stay at this hotel off the highway in Gadsden.

There's a Ruby Tuesday and Cracker Barrel in the parking lot, which proved convenient, but overall I think the location here is less ideal than that if Hampton Inn. The hotel felt a little more upscale in that at least it had a lobby area and the friendly manager bothered to wear a suit to work. However, my Internet here also worked only sporadically. The room was never cleaned that well during our stay (crumbs remained in place) and smelled musty. I would have been very happy had the price been $80, but for $140 I felt ripped off.
There is a Courtyard by Marriott under construction next door (maybe finished by now) and I will try that next time in my search for a Gadsden hotel that's not charging $140 and yet worth $70.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Traveler
Reviewed 15 December 2008

I got the very last room available. It was a 'handicap' room and wasn't as good as some I've had.
At $116.85 (including tax) this was somewhat overpriced in my opinion.
Having said that...my room was quite clean and a pretty good size. It had all the 'extras' one has come to expect from this chain.
The breakfast was good and had a large variety of items to choose from. I personally like making a bacon sandwich in the mornings and I also grabbed several other items as well. Hol-Inn-Exp is one of my favourite chains (the other is Hampton Inns).
The staff here are very-very friendly and eager to help you in any way they can.
If it wasn't for the price (which I feel was about $20 more than it should have been for the room I had) I would have no qualms whatsoever recommending this property to any type of traveller at all

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Overpriced
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 25 October 2008

My wife and I were visiting Alabama for a wedding and were only in town for one evening. We found this hotel to be in great condition with friendly and welcoming staff. The location from Interstate 59 and the walking proximity to Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday's, gas stations and Wal-Mart added to the convienience of our stay. The only bad thing about the stay was the poor quality of the free breakfast. I would avoid the hotel breakfast and walk to Cracker Barrel in the morning. Other than that item, I would recommend to anyone staying at this hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness throughout the hotel
  • Disliked — Breakfast was cold and processed
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
northern England
Reviewed 29 April 2007

This was our very first stay in a Holiday Inn, We just saw this hotel by chance on our travels toTennessee, we were very impressed with the friendly staff & cleanliness of the reception area. Our room was impeccably clean, & had a refridgerator & microwave, it was near to a small supermarket so we bought some beers to be chilled later. The breakfast was very good with lots of variety & the girl looking after the guests never quibbled when the decaff coffee ran out & made another jug. We were only staying one night, but would have gladly stayed another it was so good, nice & quiet too. Bathroom very clean & no problems with any plumbing.
The receptionist was very helpfull & gave me a magazine with all Holiday Inn locations for our travels as we were so impressed with it, so we booked to stay in another one in Nashville - well that's another story !!!!!

• Liked — The location,nice linen & comfortable beds & good breakfast
  • Disliked — Good as a stop off for travelling as a bit out of the way.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rockrose
Downriver Suburbia
Reviewed 2 April 2007

I compliment this as being one of the best Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed in in the southern region. It is exceptionally clean and relaxing. I was impressed with the size and layout of the King Executive Suite and bathroom, larger than most I've stayed in. It appears to be a newer hotel and the amneties show updated freshness. I liked the fact that the linens and bedding were of high-end quality and not the standard blue bedspreads with few pillows. We had no problem with the breakfast area at all, in fact it is a totally relaxing floor plan. The staff could not be nicer and I have highly recommended this hotel to anyone I know visiting the area. The room views are rurally serene and not interrupted by traffic noise and buildings. Convenient location yet set apart. This one gets two thumbs up in our view. I use this Holiday Inn Express as the comparison to others now and the scale seems to tip toward Gadsden's charmer.

• Liked — size, cleanliness and high-end bedding & linens
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2007