“a pleasant stay”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
hooksett nh
“a pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2010

Tthis facility was very clean and comfortable.It had ample truck parking . The staff were nice and also very helpfull.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
corf2301, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Gadsden, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
leone0311,

Thank you so much for staying with us. Please let us invite you to come and visit with us anytime you are in the area!

Thank you!

Leigh Corfman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ruston, LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

Do not stay here under any circumstances!!! The interior of the room was not clean, there was mold in the bathroom, the ceiling was cracked and sagging due to leaks from the upstairs plumbing, the front wall shook every time you shut the door. I have seen dog houses that were contructed better than this place. I have pictures to support all claims.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wagoneer

Travellers are raving about these Gadsden hotels

Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

Made reservations in advance directly through the hotel. After spending all day at a car show in the hot sun I was dragging butt at check in. I was told they would not honor my AARP discount because they were full. Judging by the amount of parking spaces always available no way that was true. The rooms were not clean, the bathroom needed caulking really bad, the tub had stains up the sides, the carpet was dirty. If you leaned while sitting on the toilet it would come off its mounting and lean with you. The toilet would not flush properly and the bathroom door would not close. The room had multiple flies, mosquitoes and gnats living there before I got there. This was probably due to the large amount of air space around the side and bottom of the outside door. I was told at check in that the breakfast would consist of eggs, bacon, waffles, pastry, biscuits, etc. There were waffles with butter and syrup, no eggs, bacon or biscuits. There was cereal and bananas. The only good things I can say is the water was hot and the AC was cold.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Remo47
Canton Ga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2008

We stopped here after a long day of driving, mainly because it was close to the highway, and at the exit before, all the hotels were full or outrageously priced. This one was not exactly cheap, but better than the prior exit.

We checked in to our room to find soiled/stained carpets, furniture Goodwill would not take, and a bathroom which had not seen a remodeling in more than a few years. It was not exactly dirty, but not very clean either. The grout could use a good cleaning, we suspect it is harboring more than it's fair share of bacteria! Since we both wear earplugs to sleep, we did not encounter the noise other folks reported, but HAD we wanted to sleep late, it would have been unlikely we could overlook all the diesel trucks starting up at 6:40 A.M.

The " DELUXE" continental breakfast was anything but, with a few pastry offerings( some of these were cheapy cinnamon buns cut up into smaller pieces), some cereal, and some eggs, sausage, and some biscuits. Everything except the biscuits was pretty sad, the "hot" items looked a little dangerous, as if they had been there a while. Coffee ran out before we got to it, and we had to return later to get a cup.

To their credit, the front desk staff DID speak good English, although it was obviously a second language for the owner. Check in took a while, since the computer system would not take my card at first, and only on the third try did it work. Check out was relatively fast, although, they DID nick me for the 1.50 "safe fee", which although they note is optional (in a sign on the front desk) , they still add UNLESS you ask specifically for them to remove it. I did not notice it until after i walked out, and was loathe to walk back in to get it taken care of. ( I suspect this is true 90% of the time!)

Would i go again? probably not.

• Liked — not much.
  • Disliked — the "safe fee"
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Klaproth
Woodland, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2008

I stayed at this Days Inn with my mom so we could be in town for her to have surgery the next day. Since we had to check out before 6 am, we didn't sample the continental breakfast, but I did see that they had some stuff set up. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful in giving directions and answering questions about the area. They also accomodated my mom's need for a ground floor room (she can't climb stairs) The room was clean and quiet, and I felt was a good value.
The only thing that I hesitated about was the obvious construction material around the hotel. There apparently was some remodeling going on because there was paint buckets and building materials stashed under the stairs and around the perimeter of the property.

• Liked — Good value for the $, Friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.
  • Disliked — No prettiness about the area, but it was convenient.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Baton Rouge, LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2008

We'd been traveling for 9 hours & had tried hotel/motels for hours, but most were booked for the Taladega groups moving through. We stopped here because we were just so tired & needed to get off the road. At check-in, my dad asked for 2 rooms & was told, that'll be $120. Seemed like a good deal. I walked in just short of my dad giving the night manager his credit card & asked him what the price for each room would be. He said "I just told you - $120." I balked at this as it was apparent this wasn't a 4-5 star hotel - just some place off the interstate. Dad insisted we just go ahead & stay since he was so tired & I agreed. When we got to our rooms, I noticed that the headboard on one of the beds had slipped off the wall & was leaning against the headboard. I didn't want to get blamed for this, so I sent my daughter to tell the manager. He said, "What do you want me to do about it?" We later discovered the toilet wouldn't flush (no help from mgt), the remote wouldn't work (told by mgt - just hit it really hard, that should make it work), the light in the sink area of the bathroom wouldn't come all the way on - just flickered & buzzed (mgt said "leave the light off"). My parents' room wasn't as bad, but they said the noise coming through the thin walls kept them up all night and their toilet wouldn't work, either. Upon leaving, I stopped in to tell the manager that I was very disappointed in not only the condition of the room, but the rudeness I experienced when trying to get some of the issues rectified. I told him I'd never stay in his hotel again & we pass through there yearly. His response? "No problem, we still have plenty of other paying guests." AARGH!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Staff's rudeness and refusal to work through issues
  • Stayed October 2004, travelled with family
1 Thank scooby9932
Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2008

After booking this hotel through Hotwire, I discovered at check-in that I would have paid less if I had just walked in or called the hotel directly. (Apparently I paid a fee to book through Hotwire and the advertised "hot rate" was the hotel's standard room rate). The other thing I discovered at check-in was that there were NO other cars at the hotel...besides mine and the desk clerk's. He told me that other customers would check in "later." Sure enough, there were a half-dozen cars when I arrived back at the room around 9:30 p.m. But during the night there was a lot of activity... room doors and car doors opening and closing, people talking in the parking lot... and the loud hum of eighteen-wheelers from the manufacturing plant that was less than 100-yards from my door. When I got up the next morning, there were again only three cars in the lot. Somehow all of those other "customers" had arrived late and left early...as in, during the night. (You can arrive at your own conclusions about this establishment and the kinds of guests that stayed there for less than $50 a night....)

But my biggest complaint BY FAR was that darn manufacturing plant and the endless streams of semi-trucks, whose loud, rumbling engines kept me tossing and turning on the sagging mattress.

• Disliked — It was 100-yards from a manufacturing plant and a highway used by eighteen-wheelers
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank abbiesmom73