“Wonderful.!!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gardendale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here for 2 nights while in Gardendale for a homeschool conference. There were only 2 downsides to this place: 1) They did not offer king size beds (I suppose they would take up the whole room if they did b/c the rooms were tiny but spacious enough w/ queen size beds in them) and since we have a king size bed at home it was 2 nights of rolling over each other haha! It was okay though. 2) The front desk staff was not especially friendly. The second morning we were there, we went down for the continental breakfast and were talking to each other and one of the ladies behind the desk turned the t.v. up to an aggravating level. I guess she wanted to hear something but everyone else seemed a little agitated. Then when we went to check out a few minutes later, the same lady checked us out and she didn't bother to ask us how our stay was or even greet us when we came to the counter. So, could have been a little more friendly but all in all it was a great stay. The rooms were clean, the bathroom was clean. I wish there had been a fridge and microwave in our room. We went out to eat that night and I got a to-go box because I couldn't finish but then remembered only after we got back to our room that we didn't have fridge so my leftover meal went to waste. My fault though. The cleaning lady did an excellent job and we loved the big window with a window seat and a nice view of outside.
We will likely be staying here again next year when we come back for the next conference!

Room Tip: Don't get the room at the end of the hallways. We noticed we were right across from the stairs b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BJScudder, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review. Feedback is a great way for us to measure customer satisfaction as well as identify areas of improvement. The housekeeping staff takes great pride in providing all of our guests a clean comfortable room. While our rooms are compact we waste no space. For your next trip consider one of our spacious suites. Our suites have a queen size bed, pull out sofa sleeper, microwave, refrigerator, wet bar, and dinette table with two chairs. The suites also have the window seat you loved. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you at the next conference.
Gardendale
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel was ok, nothing special. We stayed because it was close to the hospital, convenient for that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

BJScudder, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate guest feedback as it helps us measure our performance. I am glad you found the hotel convenient to the hospital. We are just 10 miles north of city center. We have many restaurants within walking distance and a Walmart Super Store is right next door. I thank you for your business and I do hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardendale
Best Western Gardendale
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale
Comfort Suites Fultondale
Comfort Suites Fultondale
#4 of 8 in Fultondale

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale? Share your experiences!