“Grand hospitality”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Helena, Alabama
“Grand hospitality”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Eat at Mi Casita frequetly as this is my 96 year-old Mother's favorite place to go. The staff treats her royally. It is a locals kind of place with many diners each night being multi-repeaters. If you are in Glencoe, Hokes Bluff, Southside or Gadsden and looking for Mexican, this is the place to head.

Visited August 2014

Helena, Alabama
“Great family place”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We go here often to take my 96 year old mother and our grandchildren. The staff is most considerate of my Mom and know what she always orders, Pollo Fundida. The food is good. I enjoy the tilapia with garlic sauce. The veggies are steamed just right. My husband orders the red snapper (whole-head on) with garlic sauce. The grandkids order all over the menu as do my husband and I. We probably eat at Mi Casita more often than any other place.

Visited March 2014
“amazing”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

IS Tripadvisor Ever Wrong? If So, Don't Tell Me! This Place Was Amazing. The Ceviche Is The Best I've Ever Had And I Will Drive An Hour One Way Again Just To Get Jeffs Fish Tacos!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank kathycalvert
Birmingham, Alabama
“Okay, but, I've had better...”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I visited Mi Casita with my sister and brother-in-law for lunch. I had the chili rellano with refried beans. It was okay as far as Mexican fare goes, but, I've had better... Not expensive... Salsa was good... Service was quick and friendly...

• Visited January 2013
Gadsden, Alabama
“Every time - Always "Muy Bueno"”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I have been here more times than I care to admit, starting with the week they opened their doors several years ago. I am not a technical "foodie" - but I know GOOD and bad Mexican when I get it. Mi Casito consistently has fresh fish in the ceviche. The menu items are prepared consistently good - however the real joy is the special items that the owner prepares. His fish dishes are second to none. Ask if he has fresh octopus - as it is fantastic as a diablo dish.

Salsas are fresh, portions are generous, presentation is above average, service is great. . . and after the second time, you are family there. I drool as I write this review.

• Visited October 2012