“Good Chicken Salad”

Bates House of Turkey
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We ate lunch here 5/19/14 about 11:00 A.M. It is a self-serve restaurant. Both of us had the chicken salad & chips. It was very good. The atmosphere is good for a family. The service was good & the wait was only about 10 minutes even though there were still quite a few customers. The prices were very reasonable---$14 (not including tip) for the two of us.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stopped at Bates, had a great turkey sandwich for lunch. My wife had the barbecue. She loved hers as well. What I really liked is they use only turkeys they grow themselves. They do not use growth hormones, antibiotics, feed additives or preservatives. JUST turkey and it is delicious. We bought a sweet potato casserole, turkey pot pie and turkey and dumplings as gifts and they were frozen. Thawed and prepared, they were worthy of their name. Everything is homemade, including the pecan pie we bought as well. Excellent food at reasonable prices. Do NOT miss this eatery if you're traveling along I-85.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our group, traveling from Mobile, AL stopped at this local restaurant at straight up noon on a Sunday. Packed with the church crowd, we stood in line and ordered. Wait was not too bad to pick up tray from counter (everything but food preparation is self service). Turkey was an average OK. I've had many good turkey dressings in my day, but this day was not one of them. The cranberry sauce was delicious.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The turkey dinner was just like your Aunts, if she served boil-in-bag Swansons turkey dinners! The meat was processed..you can't get a leg or wing...the stuffing was mealy and tastless...green beans over cooked and salty....no butter, just crockpot fake stuff....The staff was friendly...the place was run down and dated. Don't go here to eat.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Driving from Georgia to Florida, we saw an old roadside sign for Bates just about lunch time on Friday. My husband loves a good turkey dinner, so we had to stop. The staff was friendly and efficient, even with a line of customers, a crowded dining room and several people picking up take-out orders. He had the open-face turkey sandwich and I had the turkey with dressing - definitely a good lunch and a lot better than stopping at a chain restaurant. After we were served, he went back for a side of butter beans and was taken care of promptly. On the way back (Monday), we stopped at Bates at about 11:45 AM. I ordered the turkey club because it seemed to be the best seller at our last visit, and he had the turkey and dressing lunch that I ordered previously Again, we weren't disappointed. Plus the sweet tea was great - a nice treat for a northerner! Price was reasonable, staff was friendly, restaurant was neat and clean, and the food was very good.