“Just so so”

Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Greenville
Austin, TX
“Just so so”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Some of the servers were great, some simply disappeared. The food's pretty good, although they forgot to put the sour cream on the flauta plate. The servers don't know what wine brands they serve. ("It's a wine" was the answer to "what brand of zinfandel do you have?"). The restaurant is VERY family-friendly, which is good for those traveling with kids, but might also serve as a warning to others.

Visited June 2014

Savannah
“Unbelievably Bad!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We went to this restaurant after being told it was really great by the local motel. I am a good cook and live half time in Mexico, so I know something about Mexican food. The restaurant was packed with locals, so its relatively successful, but I thought the food was so bad it was unbelievable. I had three items, chili con carne, a tamale, and a chili relleno. My wife had the taco salad. The chili was hot and mildly bitter with chunks of disgusting meat but no beans. It seemed to be a combination of canned tomato sauce with red pepper and beef. The tamale was filled with chicken and baked until it was dry. It wasn't cooked with a wrapper of any sort. I couldn't find any signs of a poblano pepper at all in the chili relleno. The dish seemed to be melted cheese and tomato sauce. It was served in a puddle. My wives skimpy taco salad was lettuce and refried beans with cheese in a taco shell. It had a dollop of what the cook called guacamole in the center. Nothing resembled Mexican food. It was if it was cooked by a man who had been to Taco Bell once several years ago and was trying to guess how they made the food.

• Visited May 2014
Daphne, Alabama
“Good food... eventually”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stopped here on our way to Birmingham because it appeared to be a popular place. Even though it was connected to a hotel, parking was sparse. We were seated quickly despite a line. It did, however, take a solid hour to get our food. Overall, the food was decent. I'd comment on our server, but 5 different people served us so I can't...

Be aware that a second order of chips and salsa costs extra.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Adam M
Evansville, Indiana
“Good Mexican Food.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is a good restaraunt to have Mexican Food. Staff seated us immediately as we went in. We waited on right away. Food was brought out shortly after ordering. Food was hot and was very good. We would eat here again when we are passing through. It was very reasonable.

• Visited September 2013