“Very nice room, and a good breakfast”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Greenville
Emmaus
“Very nice room, and a good breakfast”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had a very nice room here. It was large and clean, in quiet and safe area, and the beds were quite comfortable. There was also a very nice breakfast in the morning, and the place is dog friendly. The staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bern666
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Bern,

On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Comfort Inn - Greenville Alabama, we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We look forward in welcoming you back to our 2014 Gold Award Winning Hotel as we continue to implement more improvements so until then wishing you safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seabrook, Texas
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The new renovations in the lobby look great. Glad that we stayed here on our trip south. We will definitely come back here again.
Staff was courteous and helpful. Rooms were extremely clean. Would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Ronnie P
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Ronnie,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor on your way back to Texas. Again, we were delighted to hear that you had a great guest experience as enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to our 2014 Gold Award Winning Hotel as we continue to implement more improvements.
Atlanta,Georgia,USA
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have stayed here many times on my way to New Orleans. This particular time I found the room comfortable and clean until I dropped my cellphone beside the bed. I reached down to get it and it was covered with some kind of white powder. I pulled up the bed skirt and saw a line of white powder all the way the bed, in fact, both beds had the white powder around them. And I knew they had not vacuumed recently because there was a pair of earrings under there also. My next visit to this same hotel was 3 days later. We got another room and I saw a tv remote laying beside the bedside table when i lifted the bed skirt I saw the white powder around the beds in that room also. As I checked in quite late, we just accepted the rooms as they were, but I did report it on the survey that Comfort Inn sent me. I got a standard form response from management instead of an explanation of the white powder. I would suspect that they had a report of bed bugs and this was their remedy or it was to prevent bed bugs. Breakfast was standard with biscuits and sausage gravy as the hot item. Rooms have been updated in the past year, flat screen tv, tiled bathroom, amenities in the bathroom.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Miser,

Let me first begin by saying how glad we are to have you as a returning guest, not only to our Hotel here in Greenville, but to the Choice Brand as well.
We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us again.
Most Hotels take preventative measures to insure that their guest do not come in contact with any parasitic insects that may be transported to hotels by prior guests. We have not had any reports of such; hence the use of said substance our pest control company uses as a precautionary measure. I apologize that you didn’t received this explanation via your survey response.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our 2014 Gold Award Winning Hotel two years running as we continue to implement more improvements to make every stay a great EXPERIENCE!!!
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stopped here while on the road through Alabama. I usually have had good experiences at Comfort Inns and this was no exception. However, what made this particular one stand out was the customer service. The friendly lady at check in specifically asked if I would be using my computer as she said wifi connection was better on one side of the hotel and she wanted to assign me accordingly. The next morning at the breakfast bar the service lady was extremely upbeat and friendly. She went out of her way to engage my 91 year old dad in conversation (not realizing he might never quit talking). Seriously, she was very friendly and was talking to all the customers as well. It's nice to see and experience people who work hard at doing their job well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Scott,

First, I must thank you for your compliment about our Hotel Staff. We have an excellent team here, full of smiling faces, warm welcomes and a can-do attitude.

Betty our Guest Service Agent and Bonnie our Breakfast Hostess are just two of our award winning staff that goes above and beyond to ensure all guest have a great experience.

I am so honored that you choose Comfort Inn while you were in Greenville. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future and for that we say THANK YOU!!
While you’re online, take a moment to LIKE us on Face book too!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 5 times over the past couple of years. Rooms are clean and comfortable and easily accessible. We usually stay on the 1st floor in a room with the sofa and wet bar. This is a good stopover for us on the way to the Pensacola area to see family and friends. The ladies who prepare the breakfast are friendly and hard-working to keep everything well stocked and clean when there are a lot of guests. Kudos to them! Kind of a pet peeve of mine - but the housekeepers were lined up outside the breakfast room and in front of the elevators talking and visiting while guests were trying to get in and out of elevators and in/out of the breakfast area. Guess it was too early for them to be on the floors cleaning - but probably need a designated area to socialize. Clogging up the main corridor makes it inconvenient for guests who are trying to get breakfast and check out. Saw this on two separate stays - so wanted to mention.

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms on first floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank oscarsmama45
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Hey Oscarsmama,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay. We are delighted to learn that you are a returning guest to our Gold Award Wining Hotel, 2 years in a row! It is with comments and suggestions such as yours that help us to learn, adapt and grow in order to provide every guest with a Great Guest Experience!
We are glad to learn that your stays with us over the years have been Comfortable and Enjoyable and you have found the Staff to be so accommodating. I would like to thank you for making me aware of a potential issue w/Staff and please note that will be resolved and we are looking forward in having you and your family back with us. Until then safe travels and Like us on Facebook!
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice, had a great nights stay. My only complaint is the room rate at checkout.

Room rate should have been $80 as quoted at check in, but upon checkout I was billed $112. They called me to apologize, but never offered to make it right.

Mr. Patel was more interested in keeping the I'll gotten gain than he was in making things right.

Beware weary travelers!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Traveling man,

Thank you for the kind words pertaining to the hotel accommodations. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to make each guest happy every time and it appears we have fallen short in that aspect when it came to your check in/out process. I’m not sure where the confusion of rate/pet fee assessment came into play as our registration forms required initials/signature before Check-In.

I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here Christmas night during a trip to the beach. Of course, it was a holiday so it was not busy. The room was spacious and very clean. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was the typical cereal, fruit, waffles, etc. The warm food did not look appetizing so we skipped the eggs, gravy, and biscuits but overall would definitely stay again on a drive down. Front desk staff was exceptionally friendly, especially for working on Christmas! The price was reasonable for this moderate hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Heading to China,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay /accommodations back in December. We have a great staff here at the Comfort Inn committed to go that extra mile for the guest no matter what time of the year it is. However, during the Holidays it's guest like you that make working during this time all worthwhile.

Save travels until next time.