“Friendly Southern hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Clean good sized room. Super quiet on the third floor. Basic breakfast. Good coffee. Be warned! Need a mechanical engineering degree to figure out the shower! Ask about it when you check in to avoid frustration. Good value for the money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maddie0
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Maddie,

First, I must thank you for your compliment about our Staff. We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that our guest have a great experience at our Hotel.
We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered as a result of not having clear instructions on how to operate the shower system during your stay.
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Traveling with my elderly parents, this was a great place to stay. Staff was very accommodating to our requests specifically Antonio at the front desk. Rooms were clean and breakfast was enjoyable. Bonnie did a great job taking care of the guest at breakfast. Definitely recommend for anyone passing through Greenville, AL. Right off the interstate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Carole,

First, I must thank you for your compliment about our Hotel Staff. We have an excellent team here, full of smiling faces, warm welcomes and a can-do attitude.
I am so honored that you choose Comfort Inn while you were in Greenville. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback and taking the time to share your experience with Antonio and Bonnie. I’m know they will be delighted to learn that they were mention in your review.
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future and for that we say THANK YOU!!
While you’re online, take a moment to LIKE us on Face book too!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I usually stay at another chain because of their claim to change the duvet cover every night. But there was no room at the inn there so we opted for the close by Comfort Inn. It was wonderful! Same crisp, clean sheets and white duvet cover. A refrigerator, microwave, and very comfortable bed. Had a wonderfully refreshing night's sleep after driving in rain all day. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the morning - a waffle for my little man; yogurt and oatmeal with all the trimmings for me. Wonderful coffee too! Strong and hot so I took some for the road. This motel is strategically located off I-65 just south of Montgomery with a cluster of other motels and restaurants. It was very convenient for my next days drive to Asheville, NC.

Room Tip: Side entrance is convenient to parking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Jane,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Comfort Inn while you were in Greenville. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Stopped here late one night on our way to The Smokey mountains and everything was perfect. The front desk clerk was absolutly delightful the hotel room was as clean as any I have ever seen and the breakfast was supurb. I work for Hilton and this could easily stand up against one of our properties. The whole team here seemed as if they really cared about their jobs and their hotel. You all Are Fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Comfort-Inn-Al141, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose our 2014 Gold Award Winning Comfort Inn while embarking on your journey to the Mountains. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The staff seem nice and the rooms are good but if you need their internet to work forget it, you will get booted about every five minutes .
We were staying for a extended period and completing any online work is impossible.
They are pet friendly which is good and their breakfast is ok

Stayed: June 2014
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Greg,

Thank you for Submitting your review regarding your recent stay at our property.
After receiving your response we are investigating the lack of internet connectivity you experience and are working to have it resolved. Again, we certainly apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Wonderful pillow top mattress; 4 nice pillows, tv, fridge, microwave. Room/bathroom were spotless; maid was very nice. Plenty of white, thick towels. Breakfast had a nice selection: juices, sausage and gravy, bacon and eggs, bagels and pastries, make your own waffles, boiled eggs, cereals, fruit, breads for toast. The only thing I did not like was the lobby coffee. It was cold both nights. It's available 24-hrs but is cold. I warmed mine up in my coffee pot since I had a Styrofoam cup and didn't want to put that in the microwave. The coffee in the breakfast pots the first morning wasn't very warm. The 2nd morning the coffee was good and hot. The lobby, hallways, etc. were very clean, breakfast room and serving area were kept clean. We will definitely stay there again if we can get another great price. Oh, yes, a biggie I definitely did not like was the bath/shower controls. You had to adjust water temp in the faucet stream and then turn a little lever that was on top of the main lever. It was hard for me to turn. And when the water came out of the shower it wasn't as warm as it felt when holding my hand under the faucet stream. So I had to start all over both mornings to get it warm enough coming from the shower. Why such a complicated faucet? A very nice room, etc. but I'm giving it a 9 for the cold coffee offered 24 hrs a day and the complicated faucet that was too hard for me to turn and it took too long to adjust the water temp because of the way you had to do it.

Room Tip: We did not eat in a restaurant. Cannot "undo" that though.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

First, I must thank you for your compliment for our 2013 Gold Award winning Hotel. We have an excellent team here. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I’m sorry that our Lobby coffee wasn’t hot as your would have preferred and would like to apologize for the inconvenience and difficultly you experience when operating our shower system. Please note that by telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future and for that we say THANK YOU!!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had a very nice room here. It was large and clean, in quiet and safe area, and the beds were quite comfortable. There was also a very nice breakfast in the morning, and the place is dog friendly. The staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bern666
Comfort-Inn-Al141, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Bern,

On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Comfort Inn - Greenville Alabama, we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We look forward in welcoming you back to our 2014 Gold Award Winning Hotel as we continue to implement more improvements so until then wishing you safe travels!