Best Western Greenville Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Overall we had a good stay at the Best Western in Greenville. It is an older property that has been updated, but everything was in good working order and our room was reasonably attractive. Hotel was clean and the property felt safe. Friendly staff both at night and the next morning. Check-in was super efficient and probably took 90 seconds or less. Free breakfast wasn't the best I ever had, but it was decent and for the low price we paid, I was sastisfied with it. The only really negative thing I can say about the property was our bed, which was hard as a rock. The pillows were similarly bad. There must've been 8 pillows in our room, but every one was the same - hard, lumpy, and uncomfortable. I'd have traded them all for two decent pillows. Fix the bedding problems and this hotel would really stand out. Overall, it was clean, felt safe, and met our needs for a quick night's rest on the way to Florida. I'd stay here again, but I'd bring my own pillow.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Bestwestern01064, Director of Sales at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed that you we were not able to provide you with a later than normal check out time and for that I truly apologize.
We would like to thank you for staying with us while traveling through Greenville, Alabama on your recent trip to Florida. We appreciate you taking the time to post a comment about your stay here at Best Western. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guest in the future. We apologize that the bedding wasn’t as comfortable as you would had preferred. But very happy to hear that all other aspects of you stay was to your to your liking.
Again, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. While online please LIKE us on face book!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The newly renovated rooms do look great! This place is my favorite stopping spot when traveling down I-65. Rooms are always clean and staff is always pleasant. Always feel safe here as the property is well lighted. If you are looking for Clean, quiet and service with a smile for a very reasonable price...this is the place to stay. See you guys next trip through

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Bestwestern01064, Director of Sales at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Love2Travel,

Let me start by saying how delighted we were to have learn this was a return visit to the Best Western and that you and your family had a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us again. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay.

Again, we were delighted that you chose to stay with us on your return visit and look forward to welcoming you back anytime as we continue to strive toward make every stay a great EXPERIENCE!!!

The Best Western Inn Team

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel a couple of nights for a golf outing at the RTJ Golf Trail. Room was clean and comfortable. Everything was as expected. The hotel is convenient to the interstate and well lit at night. Did not get into the pool but look very inviting and well kept. Great value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Scott R
Bestwestern01064, Director of Sales at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me and my team to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Best Western while you were in Greenville on your golfing trip. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We have never been through Alabama, but decided to stay in Greenville for one night on our way to Biloxi. As most reviews on TripAdvisor state, the room and carpet was clean. The bed was fairly comfortable. Next time, I will ask for another blanket since the one on the bed was too light for my liking. I didn't like the way the curtains billowed out over the air conditioner allowing passersby to look into the room. But, this seems to be a pretty common thing at most roadside hotels. We always have to find something heavy enough to keep the curtains down. How many people have used their shoes to hold down those curtains? We didn't eat the breakfast, so we don't have anything to review there. I'm not sure we will ever drive through Greenville, AL again, but if we do, we would stay at the BW again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Bestwestern01064, Director of Sales at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Best Western Inn - Greenville Alabama, we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us especially on your first visit through the Beautiful state of Alabama. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and would like to apology for the inconvenience in which the A/C blowing the drapes may have cause. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back if ever you find yourself traveling through Greenville Alabama.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bestwestern01064, Director of Sales at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Dear god. Me and my friend were driving her car up from texas and made it this far to stay the night. Checked in, thought nothing of it from the front but dear god once we'd already paid we went around back and there were packs of red neck men drinking and smoking on the stairs and breezeway. A few of them tried to talk to us, yelled things and stared. One of them tried to 'help' my friend get her stuff and tried to go into our room. He was like 40 with a beer belly, SHIRTLESS drinking beer. So sketchy. I thought we were going to get attacked going in and out of the room. They were out there all night, all ages, publicly drinking and being disruptive. Also, the AC in the room STINKS so badly. And everything in the room feels damp as if they do not properly ventilate it. Room is clean, but that doesn't matter when I fear for safety upon leaving the room. Slept with the chain, deadbolt and lock done. DO NOT COME HERE.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jaguar12345

Thank you for Submitting your review regarding your recent stay at our property. Let me first say that we take the Safety and Security of ALL our guest very seriously at ALL times. If at any time in which ANY guest feel threaten or unsafe regardless of circumstances the hotel once notified will take immediate and appropriate action.
I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case.
We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure ALL our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

We vacay once a year and usually a day or two car travel to destination. Using Trip advisor we found BW in Greenville AL. About an hour out, I called BW number given on Trip Adv. and spoke to a Kerri. She was very kind and knowledgeable . Spoke clearly- friendly. This BW evidently is very popular as there were only two rooms left- smoking! Well we bit the bullet. Made the reservation. Asked for AARP - it averaged about 6.00 off room bill.
Arrived at 7:00pm check-in clerk THERESA was cheerful and friendly, greeting us weary travelers.
Our phone reservation was just being recieved as we walked in. It was quick and we were happy.
ROOM- Yes it was a smoking room . Opened door and odor was there . We ARE NOT smokers and were sensitive to it. But we got over it as I sprayed my heavy parfume around. It cut the mustard somewhat . Room was clean and well stocked with towels ( soft), toiletries. Only a single sink, and bathtub has safety feature of a nozzle pull down to begin the shower. Nice.
Amenities stated ( ie mini fridge, iron, etc) all worked and even had an alarm clock.
Nice addition: the electric wall outlet is headboard level ! No bend over !
BEDS: comfy, no squeak (we had two Q) and each had four nice squishy pillows. Clean cases/sheets. Blankets not heavy - no heavy cumbersome bedspread
CARPET- I believe this is what holds the odors. If it and padding was changed out it would subdue odors- Drapes also were light with lining
A/C blows cold and Quiet !
SUGGESTION: in smoking rooms only- mount a motion detector deodorizer with light air freshner.
BREAKFAST: Next morning went to breakfast in the lobby cafe. Plentiful seating - bistro style set up/ clean . OJ machine produced watered down oj. I told receptionist and she immediately came over to change out juice cartridge.
ENTRANCE TO ROOM/PARKING:
We like parking our car in front of our room and we did. However the Trip Adv. photos did not show this important amenity. And I did not snap one. Parking lot was clean - well marked and lit.
SUGGESTION: Post a view of the parking lot- room relation specific
Overall we would stay here again in a non smoking room of course

• Stayed: May 2013
Bestwestern01064, Director of Sales at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I must thank you for your compliment about Theresa; she was the desk clerk who greeted you at check-in. We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that we offer you the best guest experience possible.
I am so honored that you choose Best Western while you were in Greenville. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback
Again we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your business. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.