“Looking for great seafood - didn't find it!”

Doc's Seafood Shack and Oyster Bar
Ranked #34 of 163 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went here hoping for a nice dinner with at least a edible meal. Not the case. Service ok but the food was less than desirable. 2 trips in one. First and last!

There are newer reviews for Doc's Seafood Shack and Oyster Bar

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our first trip to Gulf Shores. We go to a new beach every year. We visited Doc's our last day, thus far being totally unimpressed with the dining experiences at this beach.
With that said, we should've gone to Doc's first!! We would've been back more!! We had the best meal here we had all week long! And the service was impeccable. Dustin was our server and recommended the special, which was the seafood medley. If you go, get whatever Dustin recommends!! He knows good food!!

2  Thank MsTemple71
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Been here before and wanted to see if it had changed any. No change and the food and atmosphere was the same. Good food. So much we had to box and go. Only thing is the wait. Evidently others think it's a good place to eat tool.

1  Thank Malcolm P
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The food here is good. They advertise that they have the best fried shrimp anywhere...it's really good but I'm not sure I would go that far. I also had the grilled shrimp and they were great. My husband had some fried fish and he really enjoyed it. I also had a few margaritas and they were really good. The restaurant seems to be neat and clean and our waitress was very friendly. The prices were a little high to me. You can go somewhere else and get equally good food and the same amount for a cheaper price. I probably wouldn't go back just for that reason but if price doesn't bother you then you should enjoy this place!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We only went here because a past guest in the condo we were staying in said it was great in the guest book. It is further up the highway a little, but definitely worth it. We went on Sunday night when it was very crowded and got a table right away and the food was really good. It is kind of like old fishhouse style, with anything you can imagine. I had to get the spider burger (really a soft shell crab po-boy). It was huge. My husband got the oyster po-boy and said it was the best out of all the oyster po-boys he had while we were in Gulf Shores. Great hushpuppies and slaw too. You make your own cocktail sauce at the table. I had a killer Pina Calada. Great service too! I had the rest of mine for breakfast before leaving to go home! Wish I read the guestbook sooner!

1  Thank Mexilady