“Grand Beach 420”

Grand Beach
Birmingham, Alabama
“Grand Beach 420”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a 4 day stay at this cute little condo. Three other friends joned me for a girls getaway weekend. We really enjoyed our stay. The condo was very clean and can easily sleep 6-8 people, so the 4 of us had plenty of space. We spent our mornings and evenings sitting on the balcony and the noise from the road was a little loud sometimes. Normally we stay right on the beach, but we still had a great view from this condo even from across the street. Being in an end unit made the view even better and gave us more privacy. One of my friends had stayed in another unit in this building a couple of weeks before and she couldn't believe how much nicer this unit was from the other one she had stayed in. We did have an issue with the water pressure on the day we checked out, but it effected the whole building. Not sure what that was about. The unit even had beach chairs, toys and an umbrella. My friend brought her own chair and it broke, so the chairs really came in handy:) We would definitely stay here again. It was very affordable and Marsha, the owner, was very easy to work with and always replied quickly to all my emails. I found this condo on VRBO.com listing number 317391

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julia T

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Just checked in yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised at how clean and pretty this condo is. The only two drawbacks is that it is not directly on the beach (wanted to hear waves instead of traffic) and that the bed is extremely squeaky. Other than that, I am very pleased. Full kitchen and everything that a great hotel would have and more.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CarynCB
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My aunt actually owns a condo here at Grand Beach. Memorial Day Weekend 2013 will be my second time staying here. I love that it is very close to the beach. Her condo is decorated so cute with antique lamps and art. It feels like a home away from home. True enough, this property is a little older, but great for a family beach vaca. Look at Condo 407 from their website. Enjoy!

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach, look at 407!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsRosstheBoss
Attica, Indiana
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The Grand Beach is an older property and in some places it showed. The carpets were very stainded and the kitchen floor was very unlevel. We did enjoy the view and the room was clean. Brett/Robinson customer service did an excellent job of helping us find a place to stay because our needs changed last minute. We love the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area so this property was fine for a 2 night stay.

Room Tip: When speaking to a Brett/Robinson, ask for Janet. She did a great job for us!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pollymor
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed in unit 111 thru Young's Suncoast from 6/8 thru6/10. Dissapointed to say the least., Light in kitchen did not work, front door filthy with hand prints and dirt, patio furniture had never been cleaned, 3 remotes for tv in room and none worked, we got locked out of the unit for about 30 min with our groceries because the door knob lock failed due to maintainence maint man came and replaced lock, people above us had children that ran from one end of their unit to the other constantly which would not have been too bad except we were there in all the recent heavy rain and could not go to beach so it was nerve racking, the air conditioner filter has never been changed and is filtty, the furniture is rundown and very dated, sofa had stains, overall a bad experience. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travis C

Travellers are raving about these Gulf Shores hotels

St.Louis
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed in GB 419 from 5/19/11-5/22/11, and I was very scared it would be a nightmare because of the "Grody Beach" review. I almost changed my reservation, but Brett Robinson assured me it would be clean and they stated the pictures online would be exactly what I got. They were 100% correct. It was exactly as advertised. I believe there might have been some renovations between the Grody beach review and my stay. I was very pleased with the condo and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lower levels require less steps but don't give you as good of a view. Its a trade off you have t...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Daniel V
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Grand Beach is an affordable option for a beach trip. The condos we stayed in was managed by a local real estate company. The pool and hot tub are nice. The complex is across the street from the beach. There is no complex access to the beach so you have to walk all the way across the sand. Wear shoes to cross the road and the sand. Depending on your unit, you will need to bring all your paper products and soaps. They don't really make that clear in their materials. I suggest these items: laundry soap, hand soap, bath soap, automatic dishwasher detergent, paper towels, toilet tissue, kleenex and hand sanitizer. The only issue we had was with a very rude security guard that seemed to be on a power trip. Make sure your parking pass is CLEARLY in your car window or the security guard may eat you alive. Otherwise, if you are looking for an affordable no frills place to stay, Grand Beach is nice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
#24 of 42 in Gulf Shores
Seawind Condominiums
Seawind Condominiums
#10 of 42 in Gulf Shores

Been to Grand Beach? Share your experiences!