“Clean and Comfy”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Frisco, Texas
“Clean and Comfy”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Nice place very clean and beds were comfy. Short of the sofa sleeper but I dont know one that is comfy. We booked this on a whim on the 4th of July and had a great night. Staff was very nice as well. We would stay there again and would recommend this property to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed all week in this hotel:
Beds. Hard & uncomfortable, pillows were nice though.
Breakfast: yummy free cinnamon rolls!!!!
Good updated rooms.
When we first arrived my husband told the front desk we wanted to pay cash & he charged our cc that was on file. Our first hour in the hotel was spent on the phone with our bank!!!!!
Location is nice as it is not far from shops & beach.

• Stayed July 2013
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I am very picky on Hotels and being clean and that. I would have to say my stay was very enjoyable. The rooms were clean and I didn't find my bathroom out of date. We usually stay at Hampton Inn's but I found this one to be as enjoyable. It was easy to get to things and was nice having stores right next to eat. The people were very helpful and nice at the desk and the breakfast in the morning was very good. I would stay here again in a minute. We had 4 nights of very good sleep. Guess we didn't hear any noise. Was very quiet on the end we stayed on and the beds were comfortable for us.

Room Tip: We stayed on the very end of the building without the pool. Close to the door and front desk.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gayla J
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I unfortunately had to cancel my trip for July 4th due to my mother falling and breaking her neck. I completely understand hotels having cancellation charges especially if it is a low season. However, being July 4th weekend at the beach I feel certain the room I am not using will be booked, thus the hotel doubling its rate. I offered to pay a lower cancellation fee and this hotel refused. I am so grateful to the other hotels in Biloxi and New Orleans along our planned vacation route that acted with complete courtesy and compassion and let me pay a low or non at all cancellation. You can be assured I will never use Holiday Inn Express in any city because I am told there is no room for negotiations. I hope my room for one night helps them make a profit. I can tell you it puts a dent in a school teacher's budget.

Room Tip: I hope you don't have any unforeseen circumstances happen causing a cancellation in your trip.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Tulip0716
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Tulip0716,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Gulf Shores.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
St Louis
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed here 3 nights for a family reunion. Overall the hotel was very clean. Our bathroom was showing some major wear but everything functioned well. The breakfast was standard Holiday Inn fare. Boy I wish the pancake machine would disappear and they would bring in waffle irons! The front desk staff and managers we saw were very friendly but the girl staffing the breakfast area 2 of the 3 days was not very friendly.

Not overly cheap for the location but that is where our reunion folks booked us. No real complaints and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Allen D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Allen D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kaplan, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

If your not worried about staying ON the beach, this is definitely a great choice. Nice rooms, great value. Next to grocery store, and food. Laundry facility on site a must for those going to the beaches. Public beach access right down the road.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank poprouge
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This hotel is very clean for it's proximity to the beach, but the beds were so uncomfortable and the AC functioned so loudly and poorly, that sleep was impossible. I really wanted to like this hotel, as clean hotels in beach settings (with complimentary breakfast) are hard to come by. The sides of both beds were so hard and the center so soft and collapsed, it was difficult to sleep. The AC apparently needed a 5 degree differential to kick on, and when it did kick on it was SO LOUD! I won't stay here again, unfortunately.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lillie M
Robert M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Next time you plan on coming to the area, please contact me directly and I will personally handle all your accommodation needs to insure the highest level of service is expedited, as well a special discounted rate. If you would like to speak with me further about this matter please feel free to contact me directly at any time. Thank you for your understanding.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulf Shores
#1 of 24 in Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores
Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!