“Comfy and Clean”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
“Comfy and Clean”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

After a 17 hour drive this hotel was a rest haven for us. The staff was very friendly and helpful in suggesting places to eat. They also provided us with a crib for our daughter that had a cute little pique sheet and blanket in pink/white, nice unexpected touch. The beds were comfy with spacious rooms with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was very large surrounded with beautiful granite. Right in the center of lots of dining and less than 10 minute drive to the beautiful coast/beaches. We will surely return and stay here and take in all the activities and enjoy the beaches.

Room Tip: No street sign to hotel, GPS will pass it. It is behind Cracker Barrell Restaurant
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsYoung214

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Alabama
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Spent two night at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel was clean, staff efficient and courteous. Rooms were of a decent size and quiet. Plenty of pillows. Beds were not that comfortable, seemed to be worn and probably needs replacing. Loved the shower head. Good power and plenty of hot water. The lighting in the bathroom was horrible. HORRIBLE to the point I had to put my make up on standing by the window with a hand held mirror. Also no fan in the bathroom so the mirror steamed up but I suppose that really doesn't matter since it's too dark to use the mirror anyway. We did not eat the breakfast.

This place was just okay. I'd probably be alright with staying here again if I couldn't get a hotel on the beach. It could be so much more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VeeBee66
Robert M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I just wanted to extend to you my deepest apologies regarding the issues you experienced with your reservation. We strive to provide a comfortable and peaceful setting for the frequent traveler, and can certainly understand how experiencing the issues you have endured while at our property can leave you with a negative opinion. We will take this feedback seriously in making change to advance our property.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed for a few days last week. This is a typical Holiday Inn Express - no frills, but also won't break the bank. All staff were pleasant and personable. My husband and I enjoyed the included continental breakfast each morning. The breakfast stations were PACKED whenever fresh eggs and biscuits were set out. Unfortunately, there are only 2 elevators, and they are used heavily. You will wait each time. This is a design flaw; there should be centrally located stairs to go up and down. Also plenty of little children! I was not prepared for all the little ones running around. We got in late our first night, around 10:30pm or so, finally went to bed around midnight. There was a child periodically laughing and shrieking in a neighboring room. Granted I am a light sleeper and had to put in ear plugs to drown out the noise. My husband (the heavy sleeper) was not bothered at all, but I couldn't believe parents would allow their child to be up playing at that hour! Also, the drapery closes in the center of the window, which allows light in the center where the drapes meet. I would change this so that the drapery closes over the entire window (not two separate panels) to fully block the light from entering the room. Overall, I may stay here again if a better price/property wasn't available elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mdlubsu
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear mdlubsu,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am glad you like the staff service and breakfast selection received. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay due to the noise levels. We will certainly discuss your comments with the appropriate department. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Zelyn N
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Laptop was stolen here, after staying only one day. Hotel would not help in any way. All I got was "We have no laptop in our lost and found." Of course there isn't. Most would not turn in something so valuable, but rather keep it for themselves. I would think a staff manager could personally check the room i stayed in, or check employees to ensure none of them had it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tork1823
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear tork1823,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Gulf Shores.

Orlando A.
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night on my way along the gulf coast. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel was walking distance to a grocery store and restaurants.

This is your typical Holiday Inn Express. Good service, good rooms, good breakfast and good value.

Stayed July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel is centrally located. There is nothing really special, just what you would expect from this kind of property. The pool and fitness room are small. The breakfast was the usual American hotel continental fair ( lots of donuts and carbs). The rooms were clean, it was less expensive than the beach front hotels, and it was fine for a short say.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Amondowny1,

We value all feedback we receive from our guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best experience possible. I am happy to read our hotel location worked well for your travel needs. I am sorry to learn that some aspects of our hotel facilities and amenities fell short of your expectations. Please be assured that we do take all feedback seriously, and we will look into them accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Zelyn N
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We booked a queen deluxe room and I was very pleased with the room. It was spacious and very clean. Staff was mostly friendly, with the exception of one night clerk our last night there. The pool is extremely small and one group that was staying at the hotel monopolized the pool the entire time we were there so no one else got to use it. The same group's charter bus kept blocking the view of the street and made it hard to pull out of the parking lot. (not really the hotels fault, but the manager could have spoken with the bus driver and didn't). The hotel is a little further from the beach then I thought, but again, not the hotels fault, I should have researched better before booking. I was overall pleased with the room and the value for my money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores
#1 of 24 in Gulf Shores
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores
Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!