This hotel has everything you could wish for! From the moment we checked in, this was a pleasant experience! We had been setting up for the National Shrimp Festival (a MUST every October!) and were dirty, hot and tired. Desmond was assisting another guest in choosing a chew toy for her pet when we arrived at the desk. He greeted me like we were old friends. Told us they had a "social" going on and invited us to come to the breakfast area for free grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. I told him we still had to unload and clean up and would likely go somewhere else a little later because the social was about to end. He asked if he could set something aside for us. I told him that would be nice and we'd come down for it later. Before I could drive around the building to park and get inside, he met us in the hallway with two ziplock bags, one with burgers and one with hotdogs! He unlocked our room, turned on the lights and air conditioning, and then HELPED us unload our car and get our bags into our room! I have stayed at nice hotels around the world. NO ONE does this anymore! He was delightful and such a great representative for this hotel! Also, when we entered our room, we were surprised to find we'd been given a suite with two bedrooms, one with a king bed and it's own very large bathroom, the other bedroom had two double beds and its own bathroom, along with the great kitchen and living room area. We had booked a suite with two double beds. This was a welcomed surprise, as it gave us room to spread out, and with three people, the extra bathroom made getting ready a breeze! Staybridge has a FULL breakfast each morning; sausage, eggs, biscuits, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, waffles, fruit, cheese, yogurt etc... Along with the free "social" 2-3 nights a week, where guests can eat and mingle. There's a great pool and gym as well. The rooms are the cleanest I've stayed in, the beds are extremely comfortable, pillows galore, tv's in each bedroom, as well as in the living room, dvd players as well. I have stayed here several times and will continue to do so whenever I am in town. Maybe 5 minutes from the beach, shopping etc... Can't be beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites in Gulf Shores is located on Highway 59 North of the Inter-coastal Canal. We are minutes away from beautiful white sand beaches and numerous championship golf courses. Each of our 88 guests rooms is equipped with full kitchens and wireless internet access. Whether you are here for pleasure or business the Staybridge Suites offers a hot breakfast, a 24 hour business center, meeting room, and a complimentary reception 3 days a week. We are located close to the Wharf, Waterville, the Track, Tanger Outlet mall, numerous restaurants and theatres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, IHG and Booking.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores Hotel Gulf Shores
- Gulf Shores Staybridge Suites