“Wonderful Condo”

Bel Sole Condominiums
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Wonderful Condo”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We came to Gulf Shores with extended family for a wedding. We had 3 generations staying in a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom unit, #303, and we had plenty of space. Didn't feel crowded at all. This is a private owned condo we rented from the owners online. The condo was great. Very large living, dining, kitchen area with a great view of the bay. Nice balcony with table and chairs for dining or relaxing outside. Nice breeze always blowing. Kitchen had good appliances and was well stocked. A smaller bedroom had 2 twin beds, 2nd bedroom had a queen and large master had king bed. All bedrooms had plenty of closet space. The master and second bedroom and both bathrooms had views of the gulf. Jacuzzi tube in huge master bath. There was another balcony on this side of the condo with chairs to enjoy the view on this side. Balcony access from 2 bedrooms. The private beach was short walk across the street and wasn't over crowded.. For a fee, they set up chairs and umbrellas, too. Washer/dryer included. Only negative I can say is the carpet in the bedrooms had some spots. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Gulf Shores.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Charlotte W

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
East TX
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Great view! We loved the set up of the condo, 3 to a floor, all with beautiful views. It was not crowded at all, but that could have been timing...had to drive a little up the street to get in the "action", but not really a bad thing.

• Stayed August 2013
Houma, LA
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We rented 1502 from Meyer for a quick Thanksgiving get-a-way. We got a great deal - stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free. The condo was beautiful and spacious. Clean. Nice furniture, comfortable beds. Great kitchen and appliances. The view of the lagoon was nice. It was quiet and we felt safe since you needed an elevator code to access your floor. There were lots and lots of bath towels. BUT.... a few minor things: Being 15 floors up with floor to ceiling glass 30/40 degree temps though was a bit chilly. We upped the heat to 84 and the master bedrooms and baths stayed freezing cold all the time. We could hear the wind whistling constantly and the thin curtains did nothing to block the cold! I ended up bunking with the kids in the bunk bed room because it was too cold for me in the master bedroom! And for some reason, there was no hair dryer in the unit. Even cheap motels have hair dryers these days. That was a bit of an inconvenience since myself and my daughters have long hair and it made it uncomfortable and even colder sitting around with wet hair. Also there are lots of extra pillows in the closet but no sheets or pillow cases other than what was on the beds. Some of the extra blankets looked as if they hadn't been washed in a while. We did see that Sandy lady sitting in the lobby. She COMPLETELY ignored us. We went in and out many times and not once did she acknowledge us or even glance in our general direction. Not even a hello or good morning -- NOTHING -- which I thought was QUITE RUDE!!!!!!!

Overall, I was pleased and it was only about $120/night. I'd stay here again but only if I can find a special price again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
pcmclain
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We came for The Hangout Oyster Festival. The condo was rented through Meyer Rentals. We got three nights for the price of two. Great deal for the price. Three bedrooms and three baths. The TV didn't work and a very nice man from Meyer came at 9:30pm to repair it. This condo is in the middle with a bay view but still beautiful. The beds were comfortable and it had everything a condo should have.
Despite Sandy being a snob (could be because we rented through Meyer)
I would go back to this condo again. I love this quiet side of the beach.

Room Tip: Great place for girls getaway!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
kksg13
Reviewed 29 June 2013

It is hard to write a negative review of this place because we have been several times and always loved it. However, I think it is time for a "secret shopper" of sorts. When we first arrived anxious to see the amazing view, the first thing we noticed was greasy hand prints or nose prints all over the glass. If you have stayed here you know the view is wall to wall glass and it sort of gave us the feeling that the people who had stayed previously had just left a few minutes ago. Not that big a deal, I called to ask for some windex, I don't mind wiping the glass down. I was told someone would come up to do it for me. Sandy's exact words to me were "Oh I was going to do that but I wasn't sure what the weather would be like." I'm not sure what the weather has to do with cleaning the room but evidently it has an effect. The window cleaner did show up the next morning. He was VERY friendly and we appreciated it. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal but my parents had FINALLY agreed to come for a visit and I wanted it to be perfect.

The same morning I noticed on the way out of the master that the door trim was coming off and nails were sticking out. Per the handbook we are told to report damage. I simply snapped a picture and uploaded it to Katie Slack with a quick note to the tune of, this was done when we came in and she said thanks for reporting it etc and I thought that was that. A few mins later Sandy comes up banging on the door and saying, " I need to see your door." We let her in and she came breezing back out with an explanation about how the family before us opened both patios up and caused the door to slam, pulling the trim off.... In my mind, I'm thinking why did you pretend you knew nothing about it and then tell me that you knew exactly what happened? And if you knew there was damage, why wasn't it taken care of before we checked in? Upon leaving she turned around and said "Oh, don't botha miss katie, she just takes the reservations." I type it like this because it became a running joke when my mother got there. In a Blanche type, fake southern voice we kept reminding each other not to "BOTHAAAAH MISSSS KATIE"

Although it infuriated me that she would insinuate I was BOTHERING anyone that had a vested interest in the success of the condo, I blew it off and decided to NEVER ask her for another thing. We never saw her at the concierge desk the entire length of our stay. If you stay here just don't depend on any type of customer service and just bring extra toilet paper, soap, etc do you don't have to ask for help.

The condo is clean for the most part just don't look behind anything or too deep, the vents are filthy and surrounded by dust, baseboards need to be cleaned with pine sol and a wet rag, tons of dust in the places hotels and condos think no one ever looks. The walls are scuffed and while I was there I just wiped down the doors to get off fingerprints and dirt from past use. It came right off so it is POSSIBLE to get it back to the way it was. This place needs a carpet change out and a paint job- something more "rental friendly." I nearly laughed out loud when Sandy told us they were for sale in the 400k range. Although the VIEW is priceless, someone needs to start a punch list.

My suggestion to the owners/management is to bring in a secret guest to shop the "concierge" and the condition of the units. This place is WAYYY too nice to put up with either problem. I think the concierge/property mgr is burned out frankly and it would help to hire an energetic friendlier face to greet the guests.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank kksg13
Katie1920, Manager at Bel Sole Condominiums, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Beloved Concierge Sandy H is regarded by both the Bel Sole Rental Co. and the Bel Sole Homeowner's Association as loyal, dedicated and indispensable. She is always available to assist guests and homeowners with any questions or concerns. A perfect example was offered by this guest's review. The guest called Sandy at 10:30 pm to ask if her windows could be cleaned and Sandy had someone taking care of it the next morning. We strive to make every guest's stay at Bel Sole comfortable and stress free. In spite of our diligent efforts to maintain the condition and cleanliness of each condo, occasional oversights can occur. If there is an issue with a condo, we urge all guests to let us know during their visit so that the issue can be be rectified as soon as possible.
Woodruff, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Our family had unit 13B,all adults,6 people with one in a wheel chair. Unit was very nice but a rather small Dininig and living room area, making it difficult, not impossible, for the wheel chair to move around in. All bedrooms were comfortable, however only 2 televisions in unit, living room and master bedroom. Disappointed that we could not get an "A" or "C" unit but glad we didn't. These units advertise that you have an Oceanview and a Logoon view, the Logoon view is beautiful, but the ocean view is kind of misleading, the units are across the street from the beach with houses on the ocean side of the street.If you want or need anything see the concierge Sandy Hardy, she is a wonderful, gracious and knowledgable staff member of BEL Sole'

Room Tip: 13B, Sun Rise From The Lagoon View Is Beautiful, If You Are An Early Riser. Balcony Furniture Nice A...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Katie1920, Manager at Bel Sole Condominiums, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
My name is Katie Slack and I am the Manager of Bel Sole Rental Co. While I greatly appreciate this guest's very kind review, I must take exception to his comments about the views available from Bel Sole. Gulf views are absolutely not advertised as available from our smaller condos. This guest stayed in one of our smaller condos, which offer Lagoon views only. Our larger, 2000 square foot condos do offer exceptional Gulf views. Since this guest did not see the Gulf views available from the larger 2000 square foot condos, he is not qualified to comment on them. If anyone has any questions about the views available from the larger condos, please give me a call at 888-304-5550.
Thank you.
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

My family came and stayed in 1501 with family for a week. Huge beautiful condo with amazing views of both the gulf and bay.The facility itself is beautiful and very relaxing. Just a minute walk to the beach, nice indoor and outdoor pool. Nice gym that we planned on using but didnt. We were with our baby girl and 15 year old as well as sister n' law and her husband and our niece. We were all comfortable and would highly recommend this place. Nice kitchen so you don't have to wait the minimum half hour at all the local restaurants. We will be back. We are from Katy and have access to Galveston, hard to believe this is the same Gulf of Mexico. No need for Cancun when you have white sand and green water. Top notch!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores
Sugar Beach
Sugar Beach
#16 of 19 in Orange Beach

Been to Bel Sole Condominiums? Share your experiences!