All reviews brett robinson great location favorite restaurants the kitchen enjoyed our stay door lock walking distance late at night restaurants and shops weather was great family vacation the room was nice bedroom bath view from the balcony washer and dryer shrimp festival several years
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The only reason I give this place 2 stars is because of the location. It is right off the beach and not very crowded as compared to other places near by. There are also some good shops Within walking distance. That being said, the rest of the place SUCKS!!!!! First off only one roll of toilet paper for each bathroom and they never came by to offer more or to switch out the towels like other places. They gave one trash bag and we had to ask for more. Half of the light bulbs don't even work in the place and the fans look like they are going to fly off the ceiling on low setting, we were scared to put them on the high setting. There was a leak on the 8th floor and all they offered for us or rooms above was a make shift apology, even though it ruined some people's things. I slept on the pullout couch "mattress" and I say "mattress" because all it was was a set of springs with a sheet over it. I have slept on many pull outs but this was by far the worst. I asked for a fold up cot and they were very rude about it and refused. There was sand in all of the beds as soon as we got there, even though the cleaning people had supposedly just been in there. The bathrooms were nasty also. Both tubs had mold in them and one of them constantly leaked.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was more than happy with our stay at Island Winds West. I will definitely try to stay there again next time. The location is absolutely perfect and it was quiet and family friendly. Not a party type place which is important to me because I have young children. The realty company we used to rent the room was excellent and everything went smoothly. The unit was super clean, tastefully decorated and had a fully stocked kitchen with good appliances and everything I needed to prepare meals. The condo was probably my favorite part of our vacation. Our balcony faced the gulf and there were BBQ pits for grilling outside. There was also a gated kiddy pool which was awesome for our 3 yr old. There was a jet ski, parasailing, banana boat rental booth right in front of the hotel on the beach, so we had fun just sitting on the balcony watching all the activity of the jet skis and the parasailing. I was beyond pleased with this place. The lobby was clean and well kept and there were luggage racks and grocery carts available for easy transfer of all luggage and groceries from car to room. There was also a security guard on site every night which made me feel safe.

1  Thank CajunGirl77
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We have stayed at Island Winds West for several years. It is a very family friendly condo that is within walking distance of the "T" in Gulf Shores. The condo is very close to all the shops and restaurants and it is easy to get in and out of in traffic by car or to walk to the places.
We love the location and have even stayed in the same condo (372) for the past few years. It is an older condo but it has been well maintained and I am comfortable bringing my three children here to enjoy our vacation. Brett Robinson manages this condo and they were very helpful with any thing that we needed.
The only thing about this condo is that it is an older condo and so it does show some wear and tear on the outside balcony. It is right on the beach and of course the beach is beautiful. It seemed like the beach had more shells than normal (?) and it was rainy some days but we truly enjoyed our stay at Island Winds West.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed at Island Winds West condos. It was perfect for us. It was 4 adults & 1 child. Plenty of space, very clean, & friendly staff. Even with the weather being not as sunny as we hoped for we had a great time on the beautiful beach located right outside the condo. Also close to all surf shops & restaurants will def stay again!

1  Thank csmith1990
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this complex is that it is right on the beach. The views are amazing! This was our second time staying here and we will probably find somewhere next time. The units are old and didn't smell very fresh.

Date of stay: June 2013