“Too awesome to describe in words!”
Review of The Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gulf Shores
The Beach Club
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed 15 August 2008

We had a fantastic time while at the Beach Club. It really could not have been any better. The grounds were beautiful, the beach was phenomenal and the pools were exquisite! It is well worth the money if you want something top-notch. The club was very nice to enjoy too when we had a chance. My family will definitely be returning here again, wish we were back there already.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Swedes6

Reviewed 3 August 2008

We travel Gulf beaches frequently, and this is the first place we were so satisfied with we would consider a repeat visit. The lush grounds, hanging swings overlooking the ocean, the (all!) ocean view condos, the activities and poolside movie--the Beach Club seems to have considered all things when designing this gorgeous place. Even the food and restaurants are good!! You can have a terrific vacation and never leave the complex.

One complaint: The staff. I lost money in the Water bottle machine. When I inquired about getting reimbursement, I was sent to talk to two different people (who sent me to the front office). The indifferent girl working the desk acted put off and refused to help. Also, I wanted to get my daughter's hair braided (another issue entirely: see tip), and I was sent to three different locations to wait on the late employee. If The Beach Club aspires to a true luxury resort attraction, it needs to prep its employees in Customer Service 101. But, like I said, this place is the best I have experienced in the Gulf for beauty, cleanliness, and amenities.

5  Thank ReadergirlTennessee
Reviewed 2 August 2008

We stayed at the Avalon. It was a four-bedroom, four bath. It was absolutely filthy! The master bathroom shower was atrocious! There was so much mold it almost made me gag! We called to complain about how dirty the unit was and they sent cleaners right away. The sofa was stained and disgusting, the patio floor was black with grime, the walls looked like a 3 year-old had been loose banging the walls with his toys, there was a broken chair on the patio that had been tossed in a corner. I couldn't believe it. I just had to write this review to warn others. My husband just reminded me - The microwave didn't work. We called and they brought a "replacement", also broken! My husband claims there was a third broken one, but I think it was just two. The TV didn't work in the fourth bedroom. Despite all this, the staff was quite friendly and the whole family had a marvelous time. We had plenty to laugh about thanks to the scary condo!

5  Thank Rachel_K_L
beachclubGulfShores, Management at The Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2008

I was glad to see this guest write that they had a marvelous time and our staff was very friendly and responsive to their needs. Unfortunately, circumstances arise that effect the quality of the condo but I was glad to hear that our staff took care of the issues and this guest had a great stay. We have inspected this unit and the items mentioned have been corrected.

Reviewed 26 July 2008

This place was very disappointing. We paid in advanced so that we could go directly to the condo. Unfortunately, the door keys they sent us had not been programmed. We called Kaiser realty that manages the property and they someone showed up +1 hour later. To add insult to injury, they refused to apologize!!! They would only keep repeating, these things happen or this just happens. The next morning, Kaiser realty asked that we straighten up and vacate the condo for a few hours while they showed it to a buyer. We refused! They need to show condos for sale outside of rental times. Further, the common areas of the building are dirtly and nasty. Very bad experience! Take my warning--->stay somewhere else and avoid Kaiser Realty!

2  Thank tennrover
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Just returned from my first and last 4 night stay. Checked into a 1 bedroom condo unit. Turned the bed cover to discover dirt on the sheets. There was sand on the kitchen floor. The linens had holes. The disposal was broken. Lights were burned out. Not sure what the $79 housekeeping fee was for? And the front desk closes early, so no one to call...

The place is just worn out. Although fireworks are banned, someone was shooting them on the beach from 10P to midnight. Security did not seem to care. Very noisy property. Kids screaming till midnight.

"Secluded" is correct - you're about 15 miles from restaurants, shopping, etc.

The folks that seemed to be enjoying it were the families with kids. I guess they are used to the noise..........

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank toocynical

The Beach Club expects the highest level of service from its staff. However if there is a problem we encourage guests to inform us of any issues so they can be resolved.

With Activities for children and teens, as well as water sports, live entertainment and special activities we are a family resort and encourage our guests to enjoy their stay with a reasonable amount of excitement.

Even though the front desk closes at 11pm we do have staff on property 24 hours a day. Our staff is very responsive and willing to resolve any issues upon notification. We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.

Reviewed 11 June 2008

My husband, mother, and I visited the Beach Club in late May 2008. We knew that the resort was secluded, but it was too isolated for us. We got tired of driving 15-20 min. every evening if we wanted to eat out, get gas, or go shopping (and with the price of gas these days, who wants to do that?). We tried to eat in the grill one afternoon which was supposed to close at 3pm. We arrived at 2:20pm and all the food was put away, and they said they were closed--no explanation given. We then had to drive again to get something to eat. Although our room was clean, the balcony floor was dirty. Our dryer tore up also, however the maintenence staff was prompt in fixing it for us. For the price, I guess we were disappointed. I've stayed in nicer places for the same price. We were so disappointed that after the first day, we were wishing we could get our money back and drive to the beaches in Florida. It was a relaxing trip, but probably not one we'll make again.

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank toile

The Beach Club is a destination resort located on the secluded Fort Morgan Peninsula featuring two restaurants serving the finest variety of cuisine on the Gulf Coast and ice cream and coffee shop. Located a few miles from The Beach Club in either direction on Fort Morgan Road are some of the best eateries in the area.

I am glad to hear that the staff was prompt in repairing the dryer for the guest and that the guest had a relaxing stay.

Reviewed 14 May 2008

My husband and I took our 14 month old and 2.5 year old to The Beach Club for a long Mother's Day weekend. I chose this hotel because it is secluded from the hustle and bustle of Gulf Shores. It is about a 10 minute drive to any restaurant or grocery store. There is however restaurants on site and a small market. We were only there for a few days and only had to purchase the necessities like milk and juice but the prices were pretty average. We ate at their upscale restaurant called "The Restaurant" one night. It was casual enough to wear beach attire and kid friendly. A bit pricey but we split a meal and it was plenty of food. The grounds of the resort are beautiful. Tropical is the best way to describe it. Lots of grass and greenery. Very much a retreat. The only drawback is that we were there during off season so some of the facilities were closed (ie: resort tram, pool side bar and snacks). We are going back for Father's Day!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family