“Great property for families”

Gulf Shores Surf & Racquet Club
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great property for families”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed at this property and loved the condo we stayed in as well as the entire atmosphere. Great security on site overseeing the property. Loved using the grills by the pool to cook. A short walk across a not-very-busy street to the beach. This is a quiet part of the beach so it is almost like a private beach. The property is on the lagoon side-- the water closest to the property in the photos is not for swimming (tons of jellyfish when we were there) but the beach is not too far of a walk. It is a couple of miles down the beach at the "T" but don't miss "The Hangout" (great people watching at this public beach area too by the Hangout--busier area if that is what you are looking for) and "The Oyster House" is worth the long wait in line!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view of the sunset!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Casey8782

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My husband and I went with two friends down to Gulf Shores for Spring Break. After the trip, I have decided that I would like to come back every year! The whole area seemed very safe, fun, and family oriented. We rented our unit through Brett Robinson Vacation Rentals and were very pleased with our service. They were always available to answer any questions we had and provided us with everything we needed from them.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank April M
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We have stayed at this condo unit many times & will return again! Beautiful, comfortable condo. great place to bring kids, bay fishing frm pier behind condo unit, tennis court, beautiful pool, hot tub & kiddie pool, beach across the street. Downside: 15 minutes from shopping, turtle slow internet-if you are able to access at all-not all
RNA can get internet, no help w/condo maintenance problems when something is broken & when xtra towels are needed.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank ZebraRider2
lousiana
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I have started going to Gulf shores twice a year for the last 5 years. Stayed at one of the Phoenix's the first time, then found the Gulf Shores Surf and Racket resort. I have been going back religiously ever since. This is by far the best place for us. We love the beach view, the piers in the back, leading to great fishing. The landscaping is amazing. The resort itself brings such peace and relaxation. I would highly recommend to anyone wanting the beauty, peacefulness, use of a great private beach as well awesome pool, whom likes to fish and just get wrapped up in the setting of a better life, to go here. Me and my partner are in our middle to late 30's and have a beautiful 3 1/2 yr old whom we take with us every time, since she turned 1. She loves it. Can not fully describe the satisfaction, with no cares or worries we feel when we are there at the Gulf Shores Surf and Racket Resort.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank irrestibulls
Alabama
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We went down for a 3 day Spring Break trip... When I booked online, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect..About years of going to Panama City, I was ready for a change...This place is amzaing...The pool, the bay, the hot tub, the plants and shrubs, the staff...It was
wonderful. We stayed in 504 A and had an amazing view.. I could walk out on the balcony and see my teenagers sitting on the beach...Or I could walk out the front door, and see them at the pool.. The condo has amazing decor, and was fully furnished with nice furniture, tv's, all the amenties of home... Someone definelty put a personal touch here. My kids enjoyed drinking their capri sun's out of the wine glasses:)
I most especially like the journal that you could write in about your vacation and experience at the condo..I enjoyed reading the other people's entries...This place was very reasonable to, it was actually cheaper than the Best Westerm Hotel down the street..
I will most definetely visit this place again....Hopefully next time for longer:)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank christylee35120
Reviewed 23 December 2009

This condo was very clean and inviting. The grounds were nicely landscaped with a large pool. It is across the road from the beach with a limited view; but has a crosswalk access. It has full access to the bay which is located behind the facility. It is about 1 mile south of the main gulf shores attractions.

Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank La_Hunter
alabama
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We stayed at the GSSRC for a week and it was the best vacation ever. The walk to the beach is the shortest we have ever had. You are not trudging through tons of sand to get to the beach. My kids absolutely loved the pool. The landscaping is wonderful. At night you can go out on the lagoon and enjoy the sunset. The only complaint I have was the room needed to be updated. We will definately go back there, in fact we are already talking about going back in the Fall. GSSRC will be our pick from now on.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family