“Gulf Shores Surf and Racquet 312A - Excellent Choice!”

Gulf Shores Surf & Racquet Club
Reviewed 22 May 2009

We love Gulf Shores Surf and Racquet! The pool area is amazing! The view at sunset is just remarkable. There is a boat dock, pool with a small waterfall, hot tub, and 312A has a direct view of the beach as well. You have to cross the street to get to the beach, but it is no trouble. The complex has deeded beach access and there is always a spot for you. The people are friendly - the staff was excellent! The room (312A) was very clean and neat. It was pretty up to date with the furnishings. It feels very cozy and will comfortably sleep four people. I recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronabelle
There are newer reviews for Gulf Shores Surf & Racquet Club

Reviewed 2 September 2008

We made our reservations online thru VRBO.COM. By the pictures posted online, the building and our condo looked very nice and new. Upon arrival I was soooo disappointed. The building looked to be 20-25 years old, and very dated. My first headache was there is not an easy access to the front elevator to get in the building and to your unit. When I finally found the unmarked, hidden ramp to the elevator, and after my luggage and belongings fell off the cart three times while trying to roll up this narrow, tight ramp, I was totally frustrated and mad with the lack of access and any sign posted in order to find it. After calling the owners twice and not getting an answer on any of the numbers given, if it was not for a couple on their balcony showing me where the elevator was, I would have gotten back into my car and left. The condo is very small. The front door opens directly in the only bedroom. That was a major turn off, but the rest of the condo was very nice. My sister arrived later that night, and I met her at her car and it was an easier arrival for her. If there had been an elevator sign posted, this would have greatly helped with my arrival. The building also charges a $20.00 parking fee per car. I have stayed at some of the nicest condos in the last fifteen years and I have never had to pay any charge. Anyway with the light of day and walking around the complex, we found the beautiful pool. It was wonderful. Beautiful landscaped area with dozens of huge palm trees. It also has a nice tennis court, two great grill areas, and several piers for fishing, or a safe place for your boat or jet skies. It is an easy short walk across the street and the assigned beach area was great. The view from the balcony was breathtaking. Beautiful, wide view of the Gulf. Needless to say, by the time we left, we actually agreed that this would be a returnable place. I know paint & labor is expensive for the size of this building, but if they would paint it other than the bland white and 80's blue trim, and go with a sunny shade of yellow or dessert coral, this would be a totally perfect place. I noticed there are so many condo units in this building for sale at a cheap price. If the building was painted, it would look updated and able to compete with the local area, and this building would be booked all year round. In the end, the back view of this building won us over with the beautiful landscaping and tropical feel of the nice pool. We will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank Gamma2Two
Reviewed 11 August 2008

We stayed in a 2bd/2bth Condo with a view of the pool and bay. If you looked out the front window (in the 2nd bedroom) you could see a view of the beach.
Small Condo but it had everything we needed. Some noise from the pool area, but not loud...just people splashing and having a good time. Pool area closes at 11p and the security guard makes everyone leave. Great view of the Bay and fishing pier from our condo. Condo was clean and decorated in a "beach" theme. Very nice. Easy access to the beach.
Short walk and only cross a 2 lane hwy..not much traffic
in the area because of it's location. A little further down
from the main area, but well worth the peace and quiet than
being on Condo row. The beach area around the condo has houses all around....no condos...We had a great vacation and we will be returning next year and staying at this property.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank sarafras
Reviewed 18 April 2008

My first trip to Gulf Shores last year, we rented ours on VRBO.com (Vacation Rental by Owner) and had a perfect time in August of 2007. Office employees were great and very helpful, the room was in MINT condition, dishwasher, a/c, sliding doors, washer, dryer......... and the pool and hot tub were a perfect size for the hotel. I am actually in the process of scheduling another trip for this summer........ the beach is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET, no long walks down grassy pathways.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherilyn0213
Reviewed 10 September 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Gulf Shores Surf and Raquet Club Over Labor Day and we wish we hadn't. The office staff is extremely unfriendly and the rooms are less than to be desired. The bed comforter had possible BLOOD stains on it. My husband was stung by a wasp while in the pool 2x in the chest and once on the arm. The Office Lady could not assist me because she needed to leave and go to lunch. She was hungry. She would not give me any alcohol wipes - nothing. Told me to go to Walmart, which is 30 minutes away. Also, The property seems a bit run down compared to others in the area. I would not recommend this property :(

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlollar
Reviewed 4 August 2007

We just returned from our vacation to the Gulf Shores Surf and Racquet Club. Stayed from7/28/07-8/4/07. We had a great time. Our condo was very clean and beautifully decorated. Our condo was in building "A" and the views were amazing. The balcony looked out to the gulf, the bedroom window and the entrance to the condo looked over the pool area. The pool area was very nice and the pool was cleaned every morning. The elevators were also very clean and extremely quick. The staff was very friendly. I believe each unit has a washer and dryer which came in handy when washing bathing suits and beach towels. If we return we will bring a few extra bath towels. Our condo had four towels and four washcloths. With a family of four that meant I had to do towels every day. Our kids really enjoyed the pool and going to the beach to make sandcastles. We would love to return to this complex in the future.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank coa2020
Reviewed 20 June 2007

My son, 11 year old grandson and I stayed at this complex June 9-15-07. I booked this condo through Vacation Rentals BY Owner. The complex was beautiful and well maintained. Unfortunately, condo 706C was a disaster. The A/C did not keep you cool, the toilet broke as well as the dishwasher not workly properly and the dryer did not work at all. There was mildew in many places. I made over 8 called to the owner who treated me with no respect.
The carpets were filthty. The sliding glass doors were dirty as well as the patio furniture. The bamboo rug in the living room was coming apart. The condo ruined our entire vacation.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank berry_sherry
pfiihr, owner at Gulf Shores Surf & Racquet Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2007

Air conditioning is new and was checked by professionals during stay. It cools well below 70 degrees. Dishwasher works great when you put the right soap in it. Dryer was fixed during stay and works. Carpets are clean. We've rented this place for 2 years with many great reviews and very few complaints.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulf Shores
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores
Sugar Beach
Sugar Beach
#17 of 19 in Orange Beach

Been to Gulf Shores Surf & Racquet Club? Share your experiences!