“At last some good Mexican food in Gulf Shores”
Review of Cactus Flower Cafe - CLOSED

Cactus Flower Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Minnesota
“At last some good Mexican food in Gulf Shores”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a nice clean restaurant with good service, reasonable prices, and some great California Mexican food. Warning! If you want a menu of Mexican combinations all served with rice & beans and numbered then you should look elsewhere..This place is a real California place with fresh ingredients, nice seasoning and the best fish tacos(Baja style) around. We'll go back again!

• Visited February 2014

Mobile, Alabama
“A hidden delight”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I discovered Cactus Flower through their Facebook page and since I love Mexican cuisine, I decided to try it next time I was in Gulf Shores. What a treat it was!! It is hidden away in the Pelican Place/Target shopping area right before you get to the intercostal bridge. The menu offered a wide variety of dishes and all the ingredients were fresh. I chose the Mahi tacos with rice and beans. Salsa and chips were offered, as well. Drinks were reasonably priced and very well made. The food is prepared in a more Southern a Cal or Tex Mex style and was so good that I asked to speak to the chef to give him compliments. He came to the table and chatted with me for a few minutes giving me the background of the restaurant. The servers were very friendly and service wait time was fine. I have been back again since the first visit and it will be a regular stop for now on.

• Visited November 2013
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Chimichanga”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Just had dinner with a friend at Cactus Flower. The food was wonderful. Had the Chimichanga and the house made guacamole. Both were great and I had no complaints. The Chimichanga was the best I have ever eaten in a restaurant and so was the guacamole. It was not the typical slush guacamole you get in most Mexican restaurants. It had large chunks of fresh avacado. Will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2014
Pascagoula
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I happened upon this new place a couple of years ago and gave it a shot. Boy are we glad!! We've been back several times while at the beach, and have never been disappointed. Everything is fresh and tasty, and the drinks are delicious. Our favoite dish is the mahi fish tacos (3 large portions) with the black beans and lime rice. Wow! You gotta try it! Staff is friendly and helpful. When this place gets "found", it'll be hard to get a table.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good TexMex”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a great place to get TexMex entrees but they do not have any fish (except for fish tacos) or beef dishes like Snapper Vera Cruz or Fajitas. The service is friendly and attentive. Only complaint is that they put cheese on everything. If you don't want cheese, ask for it on the side.

• Visited November 2013