“Not that great”

Gulf Island Grill
Ranked #39 of 154 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Not that great”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

French fry seasoning is horrible, crab is alright, buffalo shrimp is nasty, service was horribly slow on a Monday night when no one was there. I wouldn't recommend it.

Chicago
“Nice, lively spot”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were at the Hangout Music Fest and went across the street for dinner here. We waited a little while for an outside table but eventually sat down, ordered some beers, soup, gumbo and a piece of grouper. Everything was very good, especially the gumbo my wife ordered. My grouper was outstanding although I was not ready for the heavy sausage-filled gravy that they put on it. It was very good but nothing like I have had in the past. The crab & corn chowder was good too. A lively place, nice people and good food across from the beach. Cheers to Gulf Island Grill.

• Visited May 2014
New Iberia, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't even bother!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

First of all, the restaurant wasn't busy on a Saturday night, Memorial Day weekend. We should have known something was wrong then. We sat down, ordered drinks and an appetizer. Our appetizer came, and 30 seconds later our main dishes came. My husband ordered a seafood platter with no oysters....he received oysters. I ordered some kind of seafood pasta. The waitress asked if I wanted the bell peppers and onions with it, so I said sure. Well....the just cut up raw peppers and onions and threw them in there. The times where our waitress wasn't sitting at the bar talking to the bartenders, we had to flag her down to ask for things. I wasn't impressed and I received better service from the pizza delivery girl!

Rogersville, Missouri
“Wow! A must visit restaurant when in Gulf Shores”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We ate here for dinner, and we were in love with the food. We ordered snow crab legs and crab and corn bisque. The bisque is so delicious I really cannot adequately describe it....made with cream, smooth, flavorful, I literally wanted to lick the bowl! The crab was fresh, and perfect. I will be back.

Arab, Alabama
“Fresh Seafood & Great Staff”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My hubby & I ended up going 2 times, it was so good!! I recommend them at the top of the seafood dinning at very affordable pricing.