“Wonderful Vacation!”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Chattanooga, TN
“Wonderful Vacation!”
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Based on the other reviews here, we decided to stay at this hotel. We, my husband and I, have 2 boys, 7 and almost 2. We learned on our last vacation that we needed a suite with a seperate room to put the little one down for a nap or to bed earlier than the rest of us. This place was perfect! There was a seperate bedroom with a king sized bed with 2 entrances to the attached bathroom. There was also a seperate 1/2 bath in the hallway so no one had to disturb anyone if they needed to go to the restroom. The boys loved the bunk beds in the hallway, and the pull out sofa bed wasn't too bad either (for a sofa bed). The kitchen was FULLY stocked with appliances, utensils, etc. There was even a crockpot! I took ours not knowing it would be there. But, there was everything one would need. We cooked for at least 2 meals a day. The staff was wonderful and friendly. We rented umbrellas and chairs from Ike's rental two of the days. We were on the 16th floor. The view from both sides of the hotel was breathtaking. One side is the ocean the other side is the bay with houses and business. The lights at night were so pretty. I read other reviews that said the elevators were slow. They are, and I could see being there in peak season, having to wait would be very annoying. But, we NEVER vacation in peak season! The room was very clean. We did get a few ants, but they took care of that right away. For the price, the fact that we could walk right out to the beach, and the room that we had, this is a GREAT value! Oh, and someone mentioned the pool being small. It is very comparable to the other condos in the area as far as I could see. It was SO nice to bring the kids back in in layers...Spend time at the beach, move in to the pool, then back to the room. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this location!!!!

There is a GREAT resteraunt right next door, two liquor stores across the street, a pizza/ice cream parlor across the street, and a gift shop right at the corner. You literally never have to leave!!!!! We visited the Gulf Shores Zoo and Alligator Alley while we were there. I highly recommend this for the kids.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Evansville
Reviewed 10 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here July 3-9 and will return. It was a very positive experience. The 1BR condo was spotless and the full kitchen was modern and had everything needed for 2 meals a day. We ate dinner out in the evening as a treat to ourselves. All rooms have a ocean view from the living room and the balcony was roomy with 4 chairs and a round table. We ate 2 meals a day outside. The pool was too warm so we didn't go in. It was too small for the huge number of people in it over the 4th of July. We loved the beach and rented 2 chairs and an umbrella from Ike's Rentals and got a good deal since it was over a Holiday. Parking is good-there was always a place to park. The condo was quiet after 9PM even though there were families staying there with small children. The staff was very friendly and helpful answering all my questions. The only thing I found fault with was the size of the pool--too small.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank retiredin2003
dublin
Reviewed 26 June 2009

This property is ideal for a beach holiday. Great views from the balconies, rooms are clean and spacious and the kitchen is very well equiped. Lots of restaurants nearby and although it is in the heart of things (shops, bars etc.) it is surprisingly peaceful.

The staff are super friendly. Sure the elevators are slow but if you are on vacation a 5 minute wait is not the end of the world. Top marks and I will be back again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a visitor from ireland
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 June 2009

First of all.. You should be aware there are 2 Phoeonix All Suites.. The "All Suites" and the "All Suites West". The review I am giving is for the "All Suites", although I am told the West is very similar and just as great.

I am a real person who will be giving a real review. I was more than thrilled with our stay! I took many photos to post here for people wanting 'real' pics because before I went, I looked for some and couldnt find any. I know ppl want to be assured thier vacation is going to be comfortable and that where they are staying will be the least of thier headaches!

1st of all, Brett Robinson's people and the clerks at Phoenix All Suites were fabulous! They were so nice and helpful. The front desk clerk had wonderful ideas for us on 'real' places to eat and not tourist traps.

You totally forget your at a 'hotel'! You have the convienence of a hotel with a front desk clerk and room service, but the luxury of a condo without the 'parking' fees and the 'cleaning' fees, etc. The room was spotless. The kitchen was FULLY stocked with everything from dishes, glasses, bottle openers, paper towels, dishwasher, microwave, full fridge, a huge CROCK POT (?), Coffee Pot, full stove/oven, wine glasses, ice bucket, etc! There were clean linens in the room incase they were needed, along with extra blankets. The couch pulled out into a queen sleeper, the master bed was a king and 2 bunks in the hall.

1 1/2 baths- full bath had access from hall and master bedroom (the 1/2 was very small!..but very convienent to have)..there was a hall closet with vacuum and mop (incase ur frisky..i wasnt HAHA)... bedroom had 2 nightstands, mirror, bed, lamp, tv and closet with a dresser in it. The matress in the bedroom left a little to be desired, but it didnt ruin our stay! We didnt use the queen pull out or the bunks, so i am not sure on those (however, the bunks are short..about 5 ft)

The sliding door opens to a balcony that has the most fabulous view EVER! (ok..well..most fabulous view at that time haha)... We had a corner room (Room 510) and had no one to our east except view (photos are posted). To the west a little is a bar on the beach called the "Pink Pony".. they rock til around 1am.. its a very low sound of music if your sitting on balcony at night..inside you cant hear it at all.. Didnt bother us.. There is a short boardwalk onto the sand and a shower by the pool.

The pool is very long and very narrow.. about 6ft x18ft maybe? I posted pics of that too. Its crystal clear and clean and is 6 ft deep at deepest..3ft on shallow. There is also a 1 ft deep kiddy pool.

Do I have any complaints? Yes. 2. Would they stop me from going back? NOPE!

1st complaint- Parking... If your in an suv or a quad cab truck (like us).. DO NOT ATTEMPT THE PARKING GARAGE! It is very narrow and when it is full there is no manuvering room..we thought we were stuck..actually had to BACK down the exit ramp (which is a very steep angle) because we could not make the sharp turn. Cars and jeeps and smaller vehicles have no prob. But there is a parking area outside the garage and that is fine for larger vehicles.

2nd complaint- Elevators. There are only 2..one on each end of building. These are used by staff and guests. They are slow. On a busy day we had to wait 4-5 minutes for the elevator to get to us and then had to stop at 3-4 floors before getting off.

Like i said, neither of these complaint will stop me from going back! But I promised a real review.

There are carts for your luggage to take on the elevators.

I think I have covered it all... I hope you enjoy this review and the photos I posted. I hope they are helpful. I hope you are not disappointed!

We had a discount rate because we were there for a huge wedding party and it was early in the summer season, so we paid $149 a night... I think usual rate is $240ish.. I would have paid the higher rate without hesitation! Google for "coupon codes phoenix all suites" and find yourself a deal before booking... I know you can use a facebook code and get 10% off.... I am always on the look out for a deal. The ppl at Brett Robinson are great and helpful!

I didnt take my 2 teenage boys this trip..but will next time. This is where I will be booking and where I will be referring my friends and family to! Awesome place :)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank iammomof2boys
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My family and I recently stayed at the Phoenix All-Suites in Gulf Shores, Al. The room was well decorated, nicely equipped and was very clean and comfortable. The location is suberb, we could not ask for a better location and the price for our stay was also very hard to beat. I would definitely recommend Phoenix All-Suites on your next visit. Also, try the seafood at DeSoto's...excellent!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
mobile, al
Reviewed 10 November 2008

My sister and I pulled into Gulf Shores and stopped at Brett-Robinson looking for a 1 nite condo - not a motel room. Wanted a kitchen, separate bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, and a sofa sleeper. We were pleasantly surprized at the price of the Phoenix All Suites West. Our stay was wonderful. Good little restaurant next door too!

• Liked — Clean and friendly
  • Disliked — everything was good !
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mobile3154
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 September 2008

We had made it to Gulf Shores, didnt make a reservation anywhere, and everywhere was booked. Then we came across the Phoenix, and boy am I glad we did. Right on the beach, at a modest price- it was just what we were looking for. The staff were very kind, and got us a wonderful room. The rooms were stocked with everything, just like a condo, with a balcony! I would highly recomend this to anyone headed to Gulf Shores.

• Liked — Room, Service
  • Disliked — Everything was great!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Fouke1
Hampton Inn Gulf Shores
#2 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach

Been to Phoenix All Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!