“Thin walls make for loud and noisy”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Arrived sick with a stomach problem and the neighbors and their screaming children didn't make it any better. Complained to the front desk but it didn't help. It was what it was and it was only for one night thank goodness. The overall experience based on the fact you could hear everything through the poorly insulated walls wasn't an experience I'll ever try to repeat. Moved right along to Florida upon leaving.

Room Tip: Don't go there unless it's absolutely necessary or you are deaf.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 November 2013

DO NOT stay here! Horrible stay and even though I was moved to another room after my roach invasion, even in the bed the staff and regional manager were no help in the end. It's sad to say that this is a bad reflection on the Wyndham Rewards program, which is not their fault. They sent me a refund check for part of my stay. When checking out the next morning, "the" hotel manager was on a personal call and did not get off the phone to assist me. She made excuses for roaches being in my room about weather and then changed to pest control. She was rude and should not be in hospitality. She did not value me as a customer! Over all the hotel property itself was okay and newly renovated, but bad staff can kill anything good. It's a shame there are not more hotel choices for Gulf Shores area for people passing through or just a get away weekend. As a single mom- I like decent prices and don't spend a lot of time in the room anyway for quick trips. Next trip I will just drink more caffeine and keep driving to Florida. Regional manager wanted me to type an email to address my stay with the staff there but offered no incentive for me to try them again. Too many other choices down the road in Florida to spend my hard earned money. Love Bama but not enough clean choices for a night stay! Was charged an extra fee for a safe I never use and a resort fee?? You kidding me- I could see if you were on the beach or across the street but that was a joke. They should hide those insults in the room rate from the get go. Waste of money!

Room Tip: Keep driving!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2013

great staff very nice people and very clean rooms . we have stayed before and will come again. we liked the pool table . enjoyed talking to manager ginger and housekeeper louisa. very good location you can walk to shopping and eating. only 2 minutes to drive to beach. we have stayed at many other motels and condos in gulfshores this place has the best staff of any we have stayed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel. I was greeted by Brandy the hotel manager. The following is a list of my opinions and experience regarding the hotel.

1. Good - Brandy the hotel manager as well as the rest of the staff were very respectful and nice. They went out of their way for my benefit and comfort.

2. Good - The room we had was room #111. It was a very nice room. It was clean and very comfortable to stay in.

3. Good - While I was out fishing I cut the bottom of my foot. When I arrived back to the hotel and requested first aid supplies (Band aids and antibiotic salve) The staff immediately got me what I needed and wasted no time making sure I was alright and had what I needed. It was a very minor cut. The staff cares about the people the that stay in their hotel.

4. Neutral - Breakfast - They have a free breakfast bar that had limited options available compared to other hotels I have stayed at. The breakfast could be improved with a waffle maker and adding a few other options to select from. But for the very reasonable price I paid for the room, the breakfast was not of any real concern and I was able to find something to eat.

All the things above leave me with nothing negative to say about my stay. I would be comfortable to have my family stay at this hotel and recommend this hotel highly based upon my personal experience staying there. I actually plan to use this hotel for all of my future fishing trips to Gulf Shores, Alabama.

Respectfully,
Richard J. Jones - Indiana

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard J
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The first room we were given at check-in had a door that wouldn't stay closed and within 5 minutes of calling the desk, we were being given a new room that was fine. It is an older hotel, but it looks like it's been recently updated. The location is great, and we had absolutely no complaints. We got to know the night crew pretty well and when we decided to stay another day at the end of our trip, they were great about letting us know that there had been a cancellation and reserving the room for us until we got back. If you are coming to Gulf Shores and want a decent place to sleep, you can't beat this one, especially at $45 a night! We will definitely be coming back here next year!

(To whoever put that they spent $175 a night to stay here last week during the Shrimp Festival, I asked the lady at the desk what the rate difference was for it, and she said it wasn't much higher than what we paid. I asked her point blank if they ever charged $175 a night and she looked at me like I was nuts, so clearly whoever claimed that they paid that rate was on the wrong hotel on here.)

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were fortunate to get a last minute reservation during Shrimpfest. However when we checked into our room at 6 pm it had not been cleaned. They did put us in a different room. It had mold on the shower curtain. The furniture and carpet were dirty and stained. The air conditioner did a fair job. The desk person was courteous and helpful in finding eating establishments in the area and informing us of the shuttle and parking options to get to Shrimpfest. We paid $175 for one night. There were screws sticking out on the walls. This property is owned by Wyndham and is not being taken care of. The breakfast consisted of 2 cereals and bread. No protein. Do not stay here unless you do not have another option.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We just needed a cheap room to sleep while we were in town to fish. $55 was the rate. Not bad. Even the $14 tax, not their fault. But they charge a $14 resort fee, for no reason. This place is definitely not a resort. We came back from fishing and found the door to our room open. It doesn't close all the way by itself, but we had made a point to close it. Maid service did not make beds or bring fresh towels, but did come in our room and turn the air off while we were out. The breakfast was bagels, juice and coffee. I don't expect a huge buffet, but this one was laughable. Find another cheap bed. This one isn't worth even the cheap rate.

Stayed: October 2013