“Affordable”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a family vacation. We were looking for affordable and this was it. We loved the location because we were close enough to the beach without paying beach prices. Not a top of the line motel and could use a deep cleaning and we just went out for breakfast because it was cereal and orange juice. Also if you want breakfast head across to Hazels that's the place to eat not at the motel.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Dawn M

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is now a Magnuson Hotel. They still have all the Days Inn logos on everything but they are under new management and are getting the place in shape. First off the price was great. For a three nights stay that only cost is $240. Most place near here cost that for a night or two. Staff was firendly and helpfull. Had no problems with the staff other than the first morning house keeping never showed up. So I just put garbage out in hall and got fresh towels from desk that night. No biog issue considering the price. Second morning housekeeping came and took trash and brought towels.Room was clean, air was cold, bed was comfortable. Room was great, furniture was a tad old but acceptable considering the price. Hey I knew this wasn't going to be the Hilton Gardens or nothing fancy from the start so I was satified. The pool was clean and clear, pool room was clean, hot tub was clean. All and all the hotel was great for us. I have stayed in a lot of hotels I would rank this as a 3.8 out of 5. Need improvement but filled the needs we had. Our room was 118 on the first floor with a king bed. Will stay here again and recommend others to stay also. I beleive most of the negative post were by people expecting the Ritz for cheap price. Some people just expect too much. I say if you want nice pay for nice price. If you want ok pay for ok prices. Suited us great and will stay again and again and again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kjun_mtn_lover
Reviewed 29 July 2014

this hotel is dog friendly which is why we stayed there.
check isn't until 4pm which is very late when its a 100 degree outside and you can't go anywhere with two small dogs. after explaining our situation to the front desk they did allow us to check it at 315 which was was great.
the room itself was a typical two star hotel. no frills and no extras
they do advertise a free Continental breakfast, which is a loaf of bread with squeeze jelly and dry cereal with milk that has been left out. I passed on that.

the location is just off the strip about .5 mile away from the beach
they are right by the Alabama state trails which was awesome when I was walking the dogs each morning.
also they are located rt next to 24 hour Walgreen.
if you want cheap and no frills go with this otherwise save your money

4  Thank teamHNH
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was very disappointed in this hotel. The staff was rude, the hallway was so hot, the elevator needs to be inspected, the pool room felt like a sauna, they barely came to clean our room, when they did they left us a few towels and 2 wash cloths, mind you I have 5 people in my family. Went to get more towels at the desk, had to wait in line behind other families that needed towels also and they said they were out completely. The breakfast was cereal spread out all over the counter with warm milk, the whole place had a bad odor in it, I was actually waiting for the air conditioner to just fall out of the room. Wow I could go on and on. NEVER AGAIN!!!

3  Thank Amy H
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is terrible. The sheets smell like they have not been washed in weeks. A/C has mold growing in it, our key card reader was broke so everytime we came back the front desk had to come let us into our room. The bathroom door looks like someone kicked it open and murdered somone in there. The pillows are the cheapest ever, I am really mad that I paid over $150 for one freaking night in this place. I will find the owner or manager soon and have a talk with them because this place is a health hazard. All of the positive reviews have to be a joke because anyone who thinks this place is okay to sleep is just crazy. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, we will spend the $200 or more next time if we have to wait for our beach house to be ready.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Perry A
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Wow. I've traveled a lot in my lifetime and can say this was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. Where shall I begin? With the elevators expired permit? Oh, or the dirty underwear on the broken washer all week? No, I'll start with the fact that our room wasn't cleaned ONCE during our 5 night stay. Want photos? Happy to share with you.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, there are no good rooms here. If you decide to do it, bring your own cleaning...
6  Thank Annette W
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We pull up and go to check in and the person working the front desk is rude. She can't do more than one thing at a time and It took about 20 minutes just to check in. We walk into the room put our luggage down and already see roaches crawling on the door. I wouldn't recommend this to my worse enemy. NEVER STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: July 2014