“Family Fun at the Beach #beachlife”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gulf Shores
Phoenix All Suites Hotel West
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have stayed at the Phoenix All Suites Hotel West several times throughout the past few years. The kids love the bunk beds in the hall. The view is amazing from the balcony. The beach is easily accessible. The pools are sufficient. Bahama Bob's is right next door. The staff was very helpful. We had a great time, and look forward to returning next year.

2  Thank Flint Z
There are newer reviews for Phoenix All Suites Hotel West

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was extremely pleased with the room and the amenities at the Pheonix All Suites. Beach access was extremely convenient and the views are great. The room was adequate for our needs, although there were a few small issues:

1) The cleaning crews are apparently accustomed to leaving their stuff at the end of the hallways. Not really a big deal, but our room was on the end, so every time we walked out of our room, their stuff and the trash cans were there.
2) The elevators were very slow. I've stayed in a New York hotel on the 36th floor that had a faster elevator.
3) The pool was sufficient for our small kids to swim, but was easily crowded with more than a couple other people. I know that can't be changed, but just good to know for families looking for some pool time.
4) This wasn't really a big deal for us, but if you do stay here, keep in mind that it is right next door to The Hangout, so live music will be happening each night, well into the night. But, like I said, not really a big deal for us, we actually enjoyed it.
5) They have markings on the door, but be mindful, there is a HUGE rail at the bottom of the door and if you (or your kids) don't pay attention, it's a stubbed toe and face plant into the floor. Also, the balcony door doesn't have a way to lock it. Not really an issue for security on the upper floors, but for families with small children, it would be nice to be able to secure it.

Overall, we had a great stay, and given the opportunity, we would definitely stay there again.

2  Thank TimZ15
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family stayed at phoenix west 6/16-6/22 2014. Worst place I have ever stayed & I am an avid traveler. Room was not cleaned for first 3 days. I had to call main office because no answer at hotel office for towels, toilet paper etc. I took my 3 year old grandson to pool but had to leave as adults were doing back flips, using obscene language, had glass beer bottles in pool while the security guard stood & watched. Nicole left a message daily requesting we remove towels from the balcony rail; however we had nothing on the rails. I would not recommend this place to anyone nor will we ever return. Horrible experience for my family!

5  Thank Este1111
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This was my and my kids first trip ever to the ocean and it was amazing. Sugar white sand cool waters the sound of the waves crashing the shore all made for a memory that we will never forget especially the view from the hotel balcony. When we arrived our room wasn't quite ready so we went to the beach and enjoyed the splendor of Gods amazing creation while we waited. They have texting service so as soon as it was ready we received a text and that's when we encountered a problem. We booked a room with bunk beds as we had two kids with us and when we walked into our room it had no bunk beds just a pull out sofa. After finally reaching the manager of the hotel he quickly corrected the problem however we had to then wait another hour and a half for the second room so we hung out by the pool until we got the second text. It was worth the wait the room was beautiful with a full kitchen with dishes glasses silverware and full size appliances separate bedroom living room bunk beds bath and a half and balcony with an amazing view. In all it was a wonderful experience we will never forget.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank erin7logan2
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

What a great place to stay!!! The view and the exceptional staff make this stay grand!!!!!!!!!!! I will bring coming here again........... They have the best service all over, going over and beyond the call to make my family feel at home....

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Bbbbbobbbbb
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I had a long weekend getaway trip to Phoenix All suites. This was our first trip to Gulf Shores so we were anxious to see area.
Let's go through our impression of hotel
Rooms. They are all Suites with ocean view (good). They have a bedroom, two bunk beds in hall, a full kitchen and living area along with balcony. Our had 1.5 baths which is nice feature. Everything worked properly, was clean. We were a little concerned about noise because master bed is against hall where elevator was but even though you could hear noise in hall leading to door, we never heard anything outside in our bed. The kitchen was a nice feature though we did not cook there. View out balcony is fantastic as you overlook beach and gulf. Internet was free and easy to get (no codes etc). I had one time I could not get on but I called front desk and they asked for it to be reset and it worked later.
We were there clearly before peak and there was only I guest per floor it appeared but nice of them to spread out folks when they can.
Location was close enough to everything else especially considering beach access. Beach was very nice though waves were pretty high during our visit and it was a little cool (early in season).
This is a great location if you are pretty much self sufficient and don't need a lot of frills. If you are looking for high end personal service, this is not for you. Worked perfect for what we wanted and needed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JPSandraTN
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We spent two nights here for Spring Break and it was wonderful! The condos are perfect for our family of 4! They had every utensil, pot, pan, and appliance you could ever need. They even gave a little trial pack of dishwashing detergent to wash the dishes if you forgot to bring your own. The place was clean and the furniture was just perfect for that beach-feel you want when you stay on the coast. Every room has a great view of the gulf, so you can't go wrong. I would recommend this place to anyone because you're getting a condo for a hotel price!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family