“Cheap place to lay your head and be close to beach.”

Beachside Resort Hotel
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Florence, Indiana
“Cheap place to lay your head and be close to beach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Average hotel and cafe across street is place to eat.... Been in hotel management 6 years and only draw back is crossing highway to beach... Like most beach hotels they are old and show wear....no bugs so was good for me

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank dlscudde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I read reviews before booking. They were completely mixed so I took my chances. You get what you pay for. I compare my stay to camping with indoor plumbing. Bed linens were clean but dingy dirty looking -same with towels. Ceramic tile in rooms on floor, might as well have been walking on the street--feet were black walking across the room. Cleaning staff reused linens that were on floor to make bed again. Walked to lobby 4 times before getting a remote that worked-then the batteries fell out if you didn't hold them in. Def the cheapest place to stay on the beach, in several ways. Beach access is down the block a bit, not directly across the street and the. Breakfast was the nastiest thing I've ever seen. My husband and I had a great trip but it had nothing to do with the stay here. We weren't in the room much which is why we decided to skimp on price and chance it. Will spend a bit extra next time and try the next step up. We are not high society by all means but not this low in the social chain either.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Jenny Y
Beachsideresorthotel, Webmaster at Beachside Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2015
Dear Guest,

I’m glad you had a great trip to Gulf Shores, and I’m glad we could be a part of your vacation experience. I’m sorry our property failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We’ve made significant changes to the hotel since the time of your stay and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. You’ll find a better experience than ever before.

Travellers are raving about these Gulf Shores hotels

Biloxi, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not beachside to begin with, across the street and no view of the beach. The rooms were not terrible, but not good either. Toilet had to have the handle held down to flush. Bed was hard as a rock and the pillows were like bricks. I will say that the air worked great. Breakfast was just nasty. Scrambled eggs that were yuck at best and sausage gravy and biscuits that looked days old. Orange juice was ok. WOULD NOT STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you. I apologize for any ways we let you down. Fortunately, we’ve made many changes since the time of your stay and are now providing a better experience than ever before. I hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you soon.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

First and foremost the hotel claims to be 109 steps from the beach...which it is not! It's across the road and down a boardwalk from the beach.

The rooms appeared to be nice at first glance but after a little while in it we noticed a few problematic things.
1.) the toilet would barely flush and when we asked someone to fix it we were told just to hold the handle down until the water went down!
2.) the walls are paper thin so when our neighbors decided to come in at 3 this morning is seriously sounded like they were coming in our room!
3.) the air appears to cool the room perfectly find until you get in the bed and then you swear until you're almost nauseous from the heat. Even after getting out from under the cover there was no cooling down!
4.) lastly the continental breakfast was located at the Mexican restaurant next door and it's supposed to be over at 9 but when we walked in the door the lady was serving her friends who were not even customers of the hotel. While we were fixing our plates the lady that fixed the food came and grabbed the trays of food out from under us as we were fixing out plates and had a horrible attitude.

Overall this is probably one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at and if they would give a refund I would be leaving!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Roadrunnerkc624
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments, and they’ve made a difference. We’ve changed our hotel in many ways since the time of your stay and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. When you visit Gulf Shores, stop in again. You’ll see than we’re better than ever before.

Slocomb, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great value right on the beach. We really enjoyed our stay while we were in Gulf Shores for a softball tournament. Hotel is right across the street from the beach. I will definitely stay here again! Don't let the negative reviews fool you on this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank da1astd0n
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Well words can't even explain how rude the staff is there yet alone $60 dollars and other items were token from our room when it was locked I've read other reviews and I'm not the only one missing things from money, rings, valued items the food was gross, unclean rooms and just terrible service i do not recommend this place

• Stayed March 2014
9 Thank Becca9lynn4
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m terribly sorry that you lost some items while staying with us. If there was evidence of a theft or break-in, I hope you filed a police report. Incidents here are rare, but all properties have occasional thefts. I also apologize that your experience with us failed to meet your expectations. We’re now better than ever and would happily serve you again.

Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This was a horrible hotel..."Resort" is a bigggg stretch! We had to change rooms because the door that was supposed to conjoin the other hotel room was not there! The elevator was filthy and the hallways were horrible! The beds were so low they were on the floor. The towels were still dirty! Hair was in places! The breakfast was horrible! It was so dingy and unprofessional! It was rather scary to stay there! You could feel the springs in the bed! And all night long you could here the room above us moving chairs and tables! Please do NOT go by the pictures on the internet, because you are well fooled. I recommend you pay a little bit more and go to another hotel! Preferably by recommendations because this was a horrible JOKE!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Chan M
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the beach at our Gulf Shores hotel. I sincerely apologize that we let you down in some ways. Fortunately, we’ve changed and improved the hotel in many ways since your visit, and I hope you’ll try us again. We look forward to providing a better experience for you next time.