“Not the best, worth it for the location right on the beach”

Beachside Resort Hotel
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Like the title said, this is NOT a high end hotel. It's about half the price of surrounding hotels and right across the road from the beach, so it was ok. We weren't expecting a luxury experience (and we didn't get it) but it was a decent place to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank WmacEureka

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Check in time is 3pm, but of course the workers in front kept saying my room would be available in 20 minutes. I eventually told them I would clean the room myself because I was not going to wait any longer. They could have cared less how long people were waiting for their rooms. I was not the only person after 3pm waiting for their room to be ready. We also asked for extra towels since we had 4 people and only 4 towels. The maid said to check with someone else, even though she had clean ones on her cart. The breakfast is a joke and the eggs were terrible. The only plus is they allow animals and it is right across the street from the beach.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. Of course we requested one one month prior, but I guess they don't care.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Beachsideresorthotel, Webmaster at Beachside Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our pet-friendly hotel near the beach. I apologize that some guest service lapses and problems with our housekeeping staff were among the issues that detracted from your stay with us. Since that time, we’ve made significant changes to every aspect of the hotel, and I hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I hate to write a bad review..but it needs to be said. This place is absolutely terrible. The rooms, front desk staff, and housekeepers...very very poor. This place has such potential because of the awesome location but it just shows that the staff there just do not care about their jobs or guests. I will not be back or recommend to others. Stay elsewhere....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank longhornsmom88

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I apologize for any issues or lapses you experienced. While we’ve always been able to satisfy most guests, we’ve made significant improvements to our hotel, our staff and our amenities so that future guests get the best experience ever. I hope you will soon give us another chance to satisfy you.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

First of all there's nothing " resort"about it. I expected for 200 to have something besides a crack hotel, the room was dirty, the ceiling falling down in our room not to mention the curtain didn't close so we had to use hair clips to clip the curtains together. the worst part is the mattress was hard and made of plastic and kept sliding off the base board every-time one of us rolled over. It literally felt like a prison!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Hammbone2010

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Check in was not until 3pm so we had to find stuff to do until then. Check out is 11am. 250 a night doesnt even get you a full 24 hours. Prices are ridiculous for rooms that are not that great. Also the staff at the desk are not very friendly.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kristen a
Beachsideresorthotel, General Manager at Beachside Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank You for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience you felt during your stay at our hotel. We will take your complaints in consideration. Normally the standard hotel check-in time is 3 PM and check-out is 11 AM.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was very clean and comfortable. There is a bar and grill downstairs. Elevators leading to the pool which has an excellent veiw of the ocean. They have a laundry facility on the 4th floor. The beach access is across the street which wasn't a hard area to cross. We will definately stay there again!

1  Thank Lynn J

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at out hotel. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is your typical grungy beach dive. Stayed here two nights so I could attend a wedding. Loud kids partying all night long at the pool (don't stay on that floor if you go). Bed linens were thread bare and towels were so rough I thought i cut myself. It served the purpose I needed it to, but I would not dare stay here more than a night or two. And the floor was filthy....

Room Tip: Bring your own towels, pillows and sheets
1  Thank Mish D

Thank You for your review. We'll take all your complaints in consideration and Sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel.