“real satisfied”

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
West Blocton, Alabama
“real satisfied”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

room was clean, great location, internet worked fine, breakfast was good, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy. the only thing i saw bad was algea growing in pool, needed to be cleaned. we stayed on 5th floor. talked to someone on 4th floor and they said they had killed 2 roaches each night they had been there, but we didn't see any and my wife looks for that the first thing.

Room Tip: not on the beach but if you have been to gulf shores lately, most people can't afford on the bea...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is our second trip to this hotel. We were there last year and had a better experience. This year we arrived to a dirty room. The bathroom had human hair on the floor near the toilet and in the bathtub. The floors were dirty to the point that I took a white bathroom rag and wiped it on the floor and it was black. I went to the front desk with the rag to complain and they offered us to checkout without paying for the night(we were only there 30 minutes at the time). After I explained that was not going to help us because we just got in and have no place to stay I asked them to clean the room for us. They agreed and sent someone to the room while we went to the pool. When we returned you could see some one cleaned the hair in the bathroom and swept the floor but did a poor job. When walking on the floor with our clean socks they became dirty.
The next day we happened to arrive when they were cleaning the room. We stayed in the car while they were cleaning and they were unaware of our presence. They brought in new towels and swept the floor with a broom but didn't mop it at all. The entire cleaning took 1 person about 3 minutes.
They offer a complimentary breakfast which was seriously degraded from the year before. This year we stayed for 2 days and both days the scrambled eggs were cold. They did have cereal and some muffins which were ok. The year before the breakfast was much better and served by staff.
The hotel has a good location across from the beach with a pool that looks across to the ocean. It is unfortunate that they apparently have dropped the quality of service that they previously offered. We will not stay here in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Beachsideresorthotel, Webmaster at Beachside Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for being a returning guest. I apologize that we let you down and for any lapses you experienced. We’re back on track now and working to provide a better guest experience than ever before. I hope when you come to Gulf Shores again you will give us another chance to satisfy you.

Travellers are raving about these Gulf Shores hotels

Beaver Dam, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I usually do not give negative reviews, but could not let this go by. You get what you pay for. This is an economy hotel and if you did not pay economy price you paid way to much. The ONLY plus to this place us the location and that is it. The room was clean upon arrival and they did keep us in towels, but they must not have the staff daily to keep the the area clean. We would see towels left at the pool area and near the elevator that were not picked up. Granted people should not have left them but they did. The Mexican bar and grill was only open the first night we were in Gulf Shore it was closed after that. If you are not a needy person and you go about your own business as we did it is OKAY. But I would highly recommended going someplace else.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our well-located hotel. I sincerely apologize that we didn’t live up to your expectations in some ways. We’re aware that the quality of our service lapsed for some time, but we’re back on track now and providing a better guest experience than ever before. I hope we can serve you again soon. You’ll find a much more pleasant experience.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Booked this hotel for a last minute trip to Gulf Shores in July with family. Arrived to the hotel around 4:00pm. Location is right across the street from the beach, which was very convenient. Check in was easy and fast. The room was decent, but very over-priced. (Paid $180 a night) There was sand on the tile floors when we arrived, but we understood with being so close to the beach, it must be extremely difficult to get every grain of sand out of the room. Very large sized flat screen TV mounted on the wall. (Very nice touch). Beds were very comfortable. Wi-Fi did not work very well on the 4th floor. Breakfast in the restaurant was awful. We traveled with 3 children. One of the kids was still sleeping, so we planned on grabbing him a plate and taking it back to the room, but they had a sign posted saying "Not allowed to take food back to room". Does not make any sense! They should really be ashamed of the breakfast, being that it comes from the attached restaurant. We probably will choose a condo to stay in for our next trip.

1 Thank Jasmine R
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Average room, It was clean when we got there, but through the week they only did minor cleaning, we had to pile the sheets in the floor to get them to change them because of the amount of sand in them from just sitting on the beds before our showers. There were 4 of us and they would only leave 2 washcloth's every day, had to go to the desk daily and ask for more. The floors were not swept very well, but overall it's kind of expected for a beach hotel. Location is not beach side, but it is only across the street from the beach, road was not too bad to cross even during busy times. Breakfast was not worth going down stairs for. Cereal, muffins, biscuits and gravy and eggs - No meat of any kind - coffee and juice and the staff (one person) sat and played on her cell phone instead of watching the food to see if anything was needed. So skip breakfast. Staff at the main desk were helpful and pleasant. For the price $140/night that close to the beach it was not a bad stay, but I think if I had started looking earlier I could have found something better.

Room Tip: Dont' stay on the 3rd Floor, it has the pool on it, and there is constant traffic all day. All...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m glad your stay with us was pleasant overall. I sincerely apologize for any lapses that detracted from the quality of your stay. We’ve made some changes to improve the guest experience, and I hope when you return to Gulf Shores you’ll give us another try. You’ll find an improved guest experience.

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was by far the WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO! We checked in this passed Friday night after spending all day Friday on the beach. We woke up to our room flooded with water. All of our clothes were wet, all of our beach towels, everything. My daughter had nothing to wear. I stayed at this hotel by the way at the rate of $299 per night, and also the hotel is NOT BEACHSIDE. Which is not in anyway convenient with children. I go downstairs, furious bc of our room being flooded from the rain the night before. The rain had somehow came in under the door. The manager told me it was not his fault that it rained, and that he would refund me 30% of my stay for the first night! I spent half of the next day drying and washing clothes. My kids were miserable, I was miserable, stressed, furious, and I felt like I had been taken advantage of! The facility is not clean, the rooms are not clean, the pool is very small and crowded. Whoever the people are running this place are doing a horrible job, and you can get better service at the Super 8! And probably a cheaper rate! I am still so terribly upset about my stay, and assure you! Me or anyone I know going to Gulf Shores, WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel other than this.
3 Thank Taylor K
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I apologize for the problems caused by the violent rainstorm. We’ve take action to prevent this from happening in the future. I also apologize for any other lapses or concerns you have. We’ve made many changes aimed at providing the best possible guest experience, and I hope you’ll give us another try in the future.

Oklahoma City
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Hotel did not meet expectations for the price we paid. Staff was not friendly. Toilet was not attached to the floor. Room and bathroom was not cleaned. Someone else's hair was various places. This would've been a $40 hotel anywhere else. We are disappointed that we spent our vacation money on it and could've stayed elsewhere for same price! :( Thankfully, we only stayed one night.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MelMac70
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m sorry you had a disappointing experience at our Gulf Shores hotel. We take providing a great guest experience very seriously and have significantly upgraded the hotel to better meet guest needs in the future. I hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you. We’ll do better for you next time.