“Quick weekend getaway for a concert”

Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I'm an older college student who stayed the weekend. I stayed in a non-smoking 2 bed room.

It didn't smell like anyone had smoked in there. Everything looked & felt clean. Yes, everything did look older & there wasn't a lot in the room. The main table in there was a little scratched up. Never saw any bugs or rodents in the room. The bathroom seemed to be in pretty good condition. But it didn't have a lot of counter space.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank SER319
There are newer reviews for Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores

Reviewed 4 May 2014

As soon as we opened the door, we were greeted by the stifling smell of stale cigarette smoke. It was so strong that my mother ended up having an asthma attack. The room was old and the beds and other furnishings were old and dirty as well. I attempted to walk on the carpet with shoes off, but had to put them back on. You could tell no one had vacuumed in awhile. The floor was gritty and grimy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
CHIGulfShores, front desk staff at Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

I would like to apologize for the experience that you had with your prior stay. we have done alot to ensure that we are a smoke free facility. we have also had great responses to the cleaning staff that we have on staff now. they take great pride to make sure our guest our happy and satisfied with their rooms. we hope in the future we can earn your business again.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I would Definately stay here again. They hotel staff was very friendly. The rooms was clean. I am very picky when it comes to the bed so I looked at the mattress… it looked really new and without stains my only complaint would be if you are in town on business the wifi isnt very reliable the tv channels aren't the best but your less than 15 min from orange beach ... One mile from public beach and center of gulf shores Beac center. BEST OF ALL the hotel is at a turn off where there is not a 5 hour wait to leave and arrive!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Crystal5354
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was apprehensive about booking here because of bad reviews but we needed a place for a single night to attend a tournament and we have a tight budget so I took the chance. I can't believe this is the same place that was described in the bad reviews! We rolled up at 10:30 at night and walked into the office to a pleasant and helpful staff member behind the counter who got us checked in quickly. The room was spacious and immaculate. Not a speck of dust or dirt anywhere. The bathroom was sparkling. Not even a trace of mildew on the shower curtain (something I'm pretty used to seeing at budget hotels). If I were going to nitpick, my one complaint is that there was only the one mirror in the bathroom and no mirror out in the room, which made getting ready in the morning slightly longer, which is really just an extremely minor annoyance. Checking out was just as pleasant as check in....every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly and downright happy looking. We will be passing back through for another tournament later this year and we will definitely be booking a room at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Leigh Angela D
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Most rooms newly renovated! Very close to all shopping, beach, etc. . Has a very large amusement park just across the street that has so many things to do. If you don't want to spend $250.00 + a night ( 3 night minimum at most places ) for something closer to the beach and if you do not require a Hilton or Marriott hotel its a very good value! As I understand it is under total new management and we had no problems at all!! Thanks DL

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tcclassiccars
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I am aware of the negative reviews about this hotel but since it was recently by new owners and now under new management the hotel has been complete revamped! I stayed here before and now after the ownership change and I can tell you there are noticeable differences! This is not a give star hotel by any means but of you are looking for something clean, comfortable and inexpensive then stay here!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tony N
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel was horrible. It was filthy. It was cheap so if cheap and dirty are your thing this is a great hotel. Since it really is not near the beach just stay in Foley if you do not want to pay the $300/night they charge for a Gulf Shores hotel in the summer. The drive to the beach is a little longer but if what we stayed in is the best of the cheap motels it is worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Tigers8932
CHIGulfShores, Front Office Manager at Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2015

I would like to extend you a very long over due apology. I am very sorry for the experience that you had while staying with us in 2013. We have since done improvements to the property we have a cleaning staff that keeps our rooms clean and fresh. we are striving to keep our guest happy.we hope to earn your business again in the future,.