“The best ice cream since Amy's Ice Cream in Austin, Texas! Matt and company make their ice cream and treats! Yummy!!!”

Matt's Homemade Alabama Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 15 Dessert in Gulf Shores
Description: Inside and Outside dining area is availabe
Description: Inside and Outside dining area is availabe
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Matt's Homemade Alabama Ice cream is just that! After sampling several decadent flavors, my wife and I enjoyed two waffle cones of the smoothest delicious treats! I have no idea how the Red Velvet is made, but it stayed light and sweet while not over powered. The friendly staff and warm welcoming atmosphere makes Matts' the perfect detour to break the heat! We will definitely be back and add this to the must do list when we visit Gulf Shores again!

2  Thank R D T

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We've been there twice in four days and plan on going back once more before we head back home. Lots of yummy fun flavors and some amazing classic flavors as well. Best strawberry ice cream I've EVER had. Chocolate is so good you don't even need to try the rest of the fun flavors, but you should because they are delicious too! Vanilla taste like REAL vanilla! Not even close to a chain ice cream place or anything you can get at grocery store. SO MUCH BETTER!!!!! :)

3  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Great ice cream, many flavors. Will let you sample as many as you'd like. Definitely can tell it's homemade. Staff was super friendly! Highly recommend!

3  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stopped by while we were down on Vacation on Sunday, August 10th. They were by far the friendliest people we had run in to while we were down there. They let us sample as many different flavors as we wanted (and trust me, we did!). I ended up getting a Salted Caramel Shake and OMG it was so good! I also couldn't pass up a scoop of their S'mores Ice Cream either! They have SO many different flavors to choose from! My fiance got a scoop of butter pecan, salted caramel, and strawberry and loved them all! We were with two other people and they both got the S'mores Ice cream (two scoops and a cone for the other). My only regret is that we didn't go back again!!! Trust me, you won't regret this place!!!

3  Thank DeannaP16
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Matt's is by far some of the best ice cream I've ever had. We picked Matt's because of the great reviews and it did not disappoint. I'm not sure what the few bad reviews are talking about. Matt's is way better than DQ for sure. Fresh cones and delicious ice cream. I didn't try a flavor I didn't like, which made it pretty hard to choose one! The staff was super friendly and it was not overpriced at all.

3  Thank GabrielleNicole423