“Good room for the price!”

Best Western On The Beach
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Gulf Shores
New Iberia, Louisiana
“Good room for the price!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked 1 day in advance for Memorial Day. Needless to say, the room was still very cheap. It was a balcony room facing the beach. Staff was pretty nice. Restaurant was good for breakfast. As a smoker, they offered smoking rooms (which is very hard to find these days) .My only complaints: A/C in the room was not very powerful (we stayed on the 6th floor) and also I didn't like how you had to go around the building outside for pool access. Plenty of restaurant access around and the hotel was very clean. Would recommend and stay there again.

1 Thank Renee S
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for your much appreciated and valued feedback! I am so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hear from so many of our guests how the hospitality of our front desk staff and the convenience to the beach and fresh quality seafood keep them coming back to us year after year. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 27 May 2014

First off let me start by saying I am a war veteran; and I used to work as a laundry attendant. The first impression was a lasting impression, thanks to the front desk clerk(s), Debbie and Heather. Very welcoming and they had my room rates accurate. I went to my room and everything was clean; and the view was very superb. I'm very picky when it comes to hotels; however, I just picked this hotel to visit for four days; and I'm glad. The location is across the street from many stores and resturants. Overall, NO WORRIES. I LOVED IT.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Travis158
First and foremost, especially on this Memorial Day weekend thank you sir for your service to our country. We are so glad you choose to stay with us. Our number one goal is to exceed guest expectations and I am thrilled we were able to accomplish that for you! Thank you again and we hope for the pleasure of your return!
West Palm Beach, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for Hangout Fest. The hotel was in the perfect spot, right next to the fest, didn't have to walk far. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, but the restaurant was slow and very poorly run with mediocre food. Waffle House across the street was much faster and the food was the same (if not better) quality. I paid $349/night because of the peak season (Festival) and it was mostly worth it because I had a BEAUTIFUL ocean view (and very short walk to the fest), but it was still very expensive with so few amenities. I would've expected at least a small continental breakfast at that price. It was also very frustrating that, when we asked for a luggage cart, they did not retrieve it for us but told us to fetch it from a building next door. I stayed at another Best Western in Florida recently and the amenities were way better (great full continental breakfast and bigger fridge, etc) for only $99/night (granted it was a small town in nowheresville). I would stay there again only for the Hangout Fest though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for all of your feedback! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us during the hangout music festival weekend. We always book out quickly and rooms are in high demand that weekend for the comfort and convenience we offer and provide our guests that fun filled weekend. Thank you again for your feedback and I am happy to hear you hope to stay with us again!
appleton, WI, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Pretty hotel, nice rooms. Had a room on ocean front, most seem to be. Nice beach in front for walking and sitting. Would recommend going to LuLu's to eat. The staff was friendly and helpful. There were many tall buildings but most were condos it would be nice if there were fewer lights so you could gaze at the stars.

1 Thank Diane W
Thank you for all of your much appreciated feedback! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. So many of our guests describe their vacationing our sugary white sands here on the Gulf of Mexico an unforgettable experience and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed yours! Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of your return!
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you want valet parking, a concierge, etc., this is not your place. If you want a hotel on the beach that is clean, well maintained, a pleasant staff and a great breakfast restaurant, this is the place. Would stay there again.

3 Thank Loren G
Thank you for your much appreciated feedback! So many of our guests as yourself enjoy the comfort and convenience we provide for our guests to enjoy a simple and relaxing beach getaway destination. So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Gulf Shores, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I want to say how wonderful the front desk and house keeping staff were to us on our recent stay at Best Western in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and to meet any need such as forgotten toiletries, extra creamer for coffee, extra towels, etc. I would recommend them anyday. If you are looking for a place that has the friendliness of a small town yet located in a tourist setting, and a place with with hometown service with a smile, this is the place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Annette K
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very good value for a gulf front room,over looking the pool white sand beach and gulf. Room was clean and quite. Within walking distance of three restaurants. Hotel info said restaurant opened for breakfast at 6:00am but it didn't open till 7:00.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Darel M
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for all of your much appreciated feedback! Being located in the heart of Gulf Shores, so many of our guests enjoy the conveinience we have to offer. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulf Shores
#1 of 24 in Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores

Been to Best Western On The Beach? Share your experiences!