“Excellent Beach Get Away”

Best Western On The Beach
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Best Western on the Beach at Gulf Shores was one of the most enjoyable times my wife and I have spent on a trip. The staff is professional, courteous, and the facilities are well kept. The view of the beach was awesome!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

For 255 a night (including tax) I expected much much more than a small refrig in the floor with a microwave on top of it Couldn't BW afford a cabinet closer to the plugin And the hotel needs updating This was a 100 a night room max --and that being because it was on the beachside Musty smell Only plus was comfy beds!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank debbycook001
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a great place to stay for the price. I can't say enough about the hospitality of the employees at the front desk. The beds were probably the most comfortable that I have had in any hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for an affordable rate. The ocean view is great!

2  Thank Danielle B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The pros to staying here: staff very nice, clean rooms, ok pool, great tv, Awesome view.
The cons to staying here: hotel room door facing outside & street, balcony seating poor, bathrooms don't have vents, ice machines on two floors only, a bit pricey (holiday weekend).
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it as well.

Room Tip: All rooms are beach view
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked 1 day in advance for Memorial Day. Needless to say, the room was still very cheap. It was a balcony room facing the beach. Staff was pretty nice. Restaurant was good for breakfast. As a smoker, they offered smoking rooms (which is very hard to find these days) .My only complaints: A/C in the room was not very powerful (we stayed on the 6th floor) and also I didn't like how you had to go around the building outside for pool access. Plenty of restaurant access around and the hotel was very clean. Would recommend and stay there again.

1  Thank Renee S
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for your much appreciated and valued feedback! I am so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hear from so many of our guests how the hospitality of our front desk staff and the convenience to the beach and fresh quality seafood keep them coming back to us year after year. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

First off let me start by saying I am a war veteran; and I used to work as a laundry attendant. The first impression was a lasting impression, thanks to the front desk clerk(s), Debbie and Heather. Very welcoming and they had my room rates accurate. I went to my room and everything was clean; and the view was very superb. I'm very picky when it comes to hotels; however, I just picked this hotel to visit for four days; and I'm glad. The location is across the street from many stores and resturants. Overall, NO WORRIES. I LOVED IT.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Travis158

First and foremost, especially on this Memorial Day weekend thank you sir for your service to our country. We are so glad you choose to stay with us. Our number one goal is to exceed guest expectations and I am thrilled we were able to accomplish that for you! Thank you again and we hope for the pleasure of your return!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for Hangout Fest. The hotel was in the perfect spot, right next to the fest, didn't have to walk far. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, but the restaurant was slow and very poorly run with mediocre food. Waffle House across the street was much faster and the food was the same (if not better) quality. I paid $349/night because of the peak season (Festival) and it was mostly worth it because I had a BEAUTIFUL ocean view (and very short walk to the fest), but it was still very expensive with so few amenities. I would've expected at least a small continental breakfast at that price. It was also very frustrating that, when we asked for a luggage cart, they did not retrieve it for us but told us to fetch it from a building next door. I stayed at another Best Western in Florida recently and the amenities were way better (great full continental breakfast and bigger fridge, etc) for only $99/night (granted it was a small town in nowheresville). I would stay there again only for the Hangout Fest though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Megan T, Front Office Manager at Best Western On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for all of your feedback! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us during the hangout music festival weekend. We always book out quickly and rooms are in high demand that weekend for the comfort and convenience we offer and provide our guests that fun filled weekend. Thank you again for your feedback and I am happy to hear you hope to stay with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulf Shores
#2 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach

Been to Best Western On The Beach? Share your experiences!