“Portion size not worth the money”

Wintzell's Oyster House
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Guntersville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was seated in a booth for about 10 minutes. The person that sat me then asked me to move one booth over. They then sat another couple in the booth I was in. Made absolutely no sense to me.
Very overpriced salad in my opinion. I ordered the grilled shrimp salad. I guess my only issue is that it was a $3.00 salad with about 8 small shrimp on it for $13.00. The taste of the shrimp was good, not the best. I just expected a better salad for $13.00. There was only two cherub tomatoes on the salad and a little bit of cheese. I can make this exact salad for about $1.50 at home. I know that they are in business to make a profit but come on why not put out a quality product.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I went here on our last night in town. Although the decor is nice and I was grateful that the a/c was mighty cold on a pretty hot summer day, the crab cakes were a bit of a disappointment. I expected more crab and less filler, to be honest. Maybe I’m spoiled with the Maryland style crab cakes that we have up north, which has very little filler. My husband ordered a burger which he said was very good. He had high expectations for the key lime pie (his favorite dessert) and was disappointed that it wasn’t house-made. We each had a slice and it was a very small portion compared to other restaurants we’ve had this dessert at. Our waitress was very pleasant and efficient, though.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We go every time we pass through Guntersville! How they get such fresh seafood so far inland I couldn't say but it is FRESH. The prices are quite reasonable. Love the oysters anyway the are prepared.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had fried shrimp. Very good. Large portion. Might want to go for basket if you are not hungry. Others in my party enjoyed the oysters, boiled shrimp appetizer, and fried fish. Everyone enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We have been going to our local Guntersville Wintzell's Oyster House since they first opened. The staff are friendly and well trained. The restaurant sits on Lake Guntersville and is assessable by small boat and naturally also by land. In addition to the air-conditioned restaurant they have a large screened in porch as well and outside tables. It is always clean including the restrooms.
It is our number one go to restaurant when we have special events (birthdays) or out of town guest. Forgot to mention the food is always fresh and wonderful. Prices are justified.