“Immaculate and comfortable!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Homewood
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stopped here for one night on our way to Florida. The hotel was one of the cleanest I've seen in this price range. Difference between the double room rate and suite rate was only $ 5. Well worth it to get the pull-out for our 5th guest. The beds and pillows were so comfortable our boys wanted to take them home! I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone staying in or just passing through Birmingham. Close to interstate, fuel, dining, and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank kreger5

Reviewed 29 June 2012

to have coffee with your breakfast. We enjoyed the room and had a nice stay at the hotel but in the morning when we went down to breakfast we found there was no coffee at all (there were three empty carafes), no eggs, and an empty milk dispenser. The employee that was there was not in any hurry to replenish breakfast items after requests by our party and others in the breakfast room. I know, I know...its a free breakfast, what do you expect? But we did spend $133 for the room with the expectation of having breakfast in the morning.
Other than than, the location was quiet and easy to reach and in a good place for our halfway spot on our trip to Florida.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Early summer stay. No airconditioning on in room when I walked in and it was booked the night before. Small airconditioning unit took at least 4 hours to partially cool the room on 93 degree day. Quiet location behind other hotels, hiltons and marriots. Booked it for the low price. Opened a door of TV commode and it fell out, screws were stripped. They did fix it but we waited at least an hour and no one came so left for a meal. Front desk person not friendly. I went to another hotel to ask directions for dinner because I had no confidence the front desk would respond. Breakfast okay.
The business center was great. Fast computer and quick print out. That was the redeming feature of the hotel. Better than a more expensive hotels.
I would look for another hotel when visiting Birmingham. Disappointed primarily because of the service, no airconditioning on a very hot day and furniture problems. I've stayed in other country inns and had much better experiences than this.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My family and I were in town for a law school graduation at Samford and this place was a gem of a fine.

Being a Club Carlson member elite, the front staff was very attentive and went out of my way to make sure everything was top notch when I checked in. Plenty of parking along the building and the grounds were spotless. If you're a gold club or higher, they have a space directly out front for you to park in.

Yes, it's sorta off the beaten path but with that comes a peaceful nights rest. No highway noise or street noise which was nice.

As for the room, we had a double queen suite and was appointed nicely. While we were here for just one night, it was clean and had all the perks this chain offers.

For those who don't know, each hotel has a collection of books you may use or take with you. All they ask is you return it to another CISH hotel or the one you're staying at.

Breakfast had a good assortment of cereal, waffles, bacon, bagels, coffee, milk and OJ. It's more of a European style than American but you can get enough to eat. The morning we were there, the staff was on top of making sure it was always full and the tables clean.

If you're passing through for the night or staying around the area, this would be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We stay in room 412 which faced the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Wonderful staff, comfortable beds, located near shopping and restaurants. The decor in the rooms was nice, the rooms were clean and the FREE breakfast had many delicious choices. It wasn't hard to find. Just take Wildwood Circle and follow it till it literally dead ends into the hotel.

Our favorites were the free cookies located by the check in desk. Soft and delicious. Also, loved the idea of their front lobby area being like a cozy lounge with chairs and a 'fake' fireplace for reading - and the choices of books to borrow - never seen that in a hotel before, only in a bed and breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa18
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The hotel is conveniently located outside of Birmingham but a little confusing to find. There are hotels in the mix of restaurants, big name stores, etc and this one is actually on the far side next to a Lowe's Home Center. Just when I got to a dead end and thought I must have missed it I seen it down a side street on my left.
The hotel is quiet and very clean. The room was very inviting. The bed extremely comfortable.
One of the nice treats of Country Inn & Suites is coming off the road after a long a day of traveling and being treated to warm fresh cookies and a cup of coffee. Neither were available at any time the evening I checked in. I even asked the desk clerk and he just mumbled something about the coffee is probably empty and if there is any it will be cold. Didn't offer to make a fresh pot as more customers started checking in. No cookies were ever offered. The only coffee I had in the room was two pods of decaffeinated. The desk clerk was was more interested in playing on his laptop in the dining room in the dark than being available for checked in customers.
I didn't stay long enough to try the breakfast as I checked out at 4 AM.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank redscorpio59
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for only one night but it was good for what we needed. We only got ready there for a wedding and slept briefly before getting back on the road. In that short stay, the front desk staff were nice, the rooms were nice and clean, the business room had free internet and printing, and the food was so-so.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homewood
Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood
Courtyard Birmingham Homewood
Best Western Plus Carlton Suites
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive
Candlewood Suites Birmingham/Homewood
1 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Homewood? Share your experiences!