“Decent stay”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Homewood
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Decent stay”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had booked this hotel for an overnight stay on the way to Florida. I enjoy staying at this chain, so I looked for properties in cities on the way. Check in was easy, I called a couple hours to verify that we'd be checking in late. Room was well set-up, with a king bed and a sofa sleeper couch. We took advantage of breakfast the next morning. The kids had enough to eat and there was plenty of space in the breakfast area. I had no issues with this stay and would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smurf2001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Columbia, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way down to Florida, the place was very clean and roomie. Priced right for the amount of room you get and everything in the room. I would stay here again either on a trip or business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carley F
Deltona, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

The staff here is rude and obnoxious. The rooms smell and are not very clean. The breakfast food was spoiled and moldy. The managers don't care and are very cheap - duct tape on the floor to fix cracked tiles. Do not stay at this location ever!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jeffrey D

Travellers are raving about these Homewood hotels

Montgomery, Al
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My best friend and I chose a king suite with a separate living area for our party of 2 adults, 3 children before a trip to the McWane Center. It was great! Location was good, not far off of the interstate and just down the road from the main strip with Wal-Mart and several food places.

The suite and bathroom were spacious and clean, with two closets for plenty of storage for our (what felt like) dozen suitcases. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast had a good variety of eggs, biscuits and gravy, ham, cereals, fruit, muffins, etc. The pool (although freezing this time of year) let the children work off some energy so when we put them to bed, they were fast asleep. My only complaints were that the hot tub was not on, and we had to have someone turn it on so it wasn't hot before we actually got out; the sofabed was not comfortable at all (but how comfortable can one expect a sofabed to be, I suppose?); and we didn't have the chance to take advantage of the cookies offered at the front desk. I promised the kids we would let them get some in the morning before we checked out, but there were none there when we left (oh, another plus was the later check-out time of 12! We got to sleep in a little!). We were also unsure whether the sheets on the sofabed had been changed, but by the time we looked, we were so tired we dealt with it anyways. We supposed they could have been rumpled by simply being folded up into the sofa. No bedbugs, so I guess it wasn't a big deal.

The value was good, although the only reason we managed to afford it was because of the 25% discount for booking in advance. We paid $87, instead of over $100, which was a great deal!

Room Tip: None of the rooms face the pool, so that's not an issue. Put a towel on the bathroom floors- the...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ForeverBirds
ALABAMA
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have stayed here several times. I had to check in at 1:00 a.m. and the girl working the desk was very friendly and we were checked in quickly. The room was clean & comfortable. The A/C worked & the bathroom was big enough & clean. I have never had a problem with the breakfast until this trip. The area appeared clean but the breakfast counter was very messy with there being three of the four juices empty no eggs and two biscuits.The kitchen attendant couldn't be found anywhere in the building.The wonderful girl working the front desk did hid job.He finally came in cooked eggs & biscuits cleaned a little but after we had been there 20 minutes. I would definitely stay here again and eat the breakfast hopefully this was just a one time occurrence. Overall I would rate this hotel VERY GOOD.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TLRMOM7
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed here for two nights for spring break to visit the Zoo, Mcwayne Science Center and Botanical Gardens. The hotel was extremely clean as well as friendly staff the morning Comp breakfast was awesome as well. I'm a Marriott rewards member however this stay surpassed any stay with Marriott. Country Inn and Suites continue to WOW your guest!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lakisha J
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting a relative in the hospital at UAB. It was very convenient to I-65 and gave easy access to downtown Birmingham. The rate was good. The room was large, clean and had a microwave and fridge. The desk personnel were cordial. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank John K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homewood
Best Western Plus Carlton Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southeast
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#44 of 79 in Birmingham

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Homewood? Share your experiences!