“OK stay, not the best”

Super 8 Homewood Birmingham Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Homewood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Staines, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

My wife & I are on a road trip from Orlando around the American heartland and stayed here for one night. We pre booked using Expedia and got a rate of $60. Situated about 6 miles from Birmingham's downtown, a bit off the beaten track and I'm glad we had a satnav to find it.

Plenty of parking and a very friendly and helpful reception on arrival. The rooms are on 3 levels with inside corridors and we were given a room on the ground floor close to reception. It seemed recently refurbished and was in excellent condition. Quite spacious room with a comfortable king sized bed, large flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, all the other usual furniture and a clean bathroom.

We had dinner in a recommended nearby eatery called Jim 'N Nick's BBQ and the food and service were both good.

The Expedia price included free wifi, continental breakfast and 24 hour coffee in reception.

I don't know what else anyone would expect for $60 so I give it 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Molino
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

the stay was good, but the area around the location offered very close eateries or gas stations the refrigerator was constantly making noise. could not figure it out until 7 am; the manager was wiling to change rooms but we were ready to go home

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have been here roughly since May 27th, with only a couple of weeks back home in Oklahoma. I must say the people at Super 8 Birmingham in Homewood, AL are superb!! I had my small dog with me and they were very accommodating for both of us. The owner, Raj, is super nice and extremely polite. Betty and Brenda are wonderful, nice ladies who work the front desk and helped me find fun things to do around the Birmingham area.

During my 3 months stay at the Super 8 Birmingham, I had nothing but a great time and with tremendous service. The only reason I am not staying longer is because I am moving, with my dog, into an apartment here. I strongly recommend this Super 8 location and the people who work here!!

Chattanooga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Close to destination. Clean room. Bit of late noise in hallway, but rock concert played the city that night.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Spent one night there as a walk in guest. I checked out the room before checking in and found it to be very clean with quality furnishings and a comfortable bed. The prices was fair, very competitive for that area.

Check in was smooth and the desk clerk was friendly and informative.

I was very pleased and will definately stay again when in that area.

Sullivan,Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

It's easy to miss the road to get here, but once you know it isn't too hard. Stayed one night on way through and it was perfect for it. The desk clerk was very nice and spoke to us a while about St. Louis, my hometown and where he had lived for a while. No elevator, so only stairs. Stayed in 215, which was clean. Room looked to have been renovated within past few years. View was the side of the hill hotel is on. Overall, really great for just a night passing through. I'd stay again

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homewood
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#44 of 79 in Birmingham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest
Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood

Been to Super 8 Homewood Birmingham Area? Share your experiences!