“5 Stars for this Restaurant”
Review of Saw's BBQ

Saw's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Homewood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Alabama
“5 Stars for this Restaurant”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Saws was recommended by some of the locals. So I decided that my wife and I would try it. Gwen we got there, Jeff, a key employee, was placing chairs upside down on the tables, getting ready to close. We started to turn around and go somewhere else. Jeff was very friendly and assured us that we could dine in without feeling rushed.

I ordered a combo plate of ribs and chicken, with macaroni & cheese and green beans as the sides. My wife wanted a pulled pork sandwich. She ordered Mac & cheese also. I expected some of the food to taste bland and out of the can. To our pleasant surprise, the sides were homemade. Oh my goodness, you have GOT to try the macaroni & cheese. It was wonderful!

The meats? Let me put it this way...the ribs were some of the best I have eaten in a long time. The chicken was very delicious. My wife said the pulled pork practically melted in her mouth...it was very tender and tasty. The food was so good that I told Jeff that we were in town for the week, but we would be back before Heading back home.

• Visited November 2013

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Best BBQ in Birmingham”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Saw's has the best BBQ in Birmingham. The BBQ chicken is so tender it falls off the bone. The only downside is the crowds. The tables are much too close together to really enjoy your meal and you have folks waiting over you to get yours. I suggest calling in and taking you meal home.

Visited October 2013
Helena, Arkansas, United States
“A True BBQ Joint with BBQ Done Right!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

All connoisseur's of the smoked swine know that the best BBQ doesn't come from "restaurants". It comes from BBQ Joints and Saw's proves it. When you walk through the front door your senses are bombarded with the savory smell of smoked meat and the feel that you are transported from downtown Homewood to a roadside shack with the pit smoking out back. The walls are covered with old signs, articles and pictures depicting people's love of BBQ and Alabama. You walk to the counter, place your order, find your spot at one of the dozen or so tables and wait for guys to bring out delicacies. That is when the real fun begins. I have tried ribs from Kansas CIty, St. Louis, the Carolinas, every BBQ place in Memphis, some supposedly world famous ribs from Tuscaloosa and several others and Saw's has the absolute best wet rib I have had the pleasure of eating. The ribs are well seasoned with a rub that blends just the right amount of spice and sweetness, then put on the smoker so that the sugars in the rub caramelize to create the texture. Once smoked to fall off the bone perfection, the ribs are coated in Saw's unique vinegar based sauce that is the perfect blend of Memphis and Carolina in my opinion. The best ribs. Period. The smoked chicken is tender, breast meat, smoked just right until it is savory and tender then served with a side of white BBQ sauce. The white BBQ sauce is creamy with the right bite brought on by the horseradish. Don't forget to finished off with their homemade banana pudding. Ribs in Birmingham = Saw's.

• Visited October 2013
Indianapolis
“BBQ the way you want it”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Place your order at the counter, choose table or window-counter seating and in less than 5 minutes they bring a hot slab of fall-off-the-bone ribs. Potato BBQs are huge. Half a rack of delicious ribs served with 4 slices of white bread. White sauce chicken BBQ sandwich is melt-in-your-mouth. Extra sauce in bottles on the table + rolls of paper towels (in case you don't lick your fingers). Potato salad and cucumber salad are really good. We stopped on our drive down to the gulf coast and couldn't wait to go again on the way back home.

• Visited September 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Don't Miss This!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Fabulous BBQ, delectable potato salad... Really one of the best in the South! It is a tiny, crowded, spot of a place that you will yearn for... The "white BBQ sauce" is a must. if you are looking for a truly Southern, charming place that offers a delicious meal this is your best ticket!

• Visited August 2013