“Great food, better service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Homewood
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Tampa, Florida
“Great food, better service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

The service was wonderful. Everyone of the servers.waitresses had a smile and used all of the pleasantries of southern hospitality. I had no wait for a table and my food arrived promptly and as ordered. I ordered the spicy crunchy tuna roll and the tofu hibachi dinner. I was very pleased with both things - the sushi had good flavor and texture, as did the rest of the meal. Vegetables weren't over cooked, rice was nice, and the tofu was fantastic! They did a spot on job with the tofu. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.The dinner also came with a soup (clear soup) and a ginger salad (creamy style to the dressing, but very good). I thought it was a good value and definitely recommend it.

Visited May 2013

Chattanooga
“Beautiful food displays and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

We were in Homewood for a volleyball tournament and found this restaurant behind our hotel. It looked dark and closed, but the open sign was on so we went in. The sushi displays on the trays they served were a work of art. We had the tofu meals with soup and salad and spend around $23 for two of us. Sorry my son wasn't with us to try the sushi but the people around us ate every bite of what they ordered.

• Visited April 2013
Alabama
“An all around great experience for all taste.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

We had extended family in town for the holidays and wanted to try a sushi/Japanese restaurant. There are so many to choose from in the area that it was hard to decide. We chose Okinawa based on the previous good reviews and we weren't disappointed. The group we took varied greatly in their taste for Japanese. Some eat sushi on a regular basis and some don't care for it at all. We tried a wide variety from the menu from appetizers to sushi to habachi. We were very pleased with everything we tried and everyone found something they liked. The service was outstanding. All the waitresses were attentive and the food came quickly. Needless to say we will be enjoying Okinawa again in the future.

alabama
“Great food, Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

Staff was very polite and sushi was excellent. I dropped my chopsticks and my waitress seemingly heard it from across the room and had another to me in a flash. Will visit again next time I'm in town.

Southern US
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I dined here in July 2012. Great server, good food, my husband had the hibachi - steak and lobster. I had the shrimp tempura. We both had sushi, really our first time. I chose the deep fried - Godzilla roll and he had the Sunshine roll. Everything was delicious. I highly recommend.

• Visited July 2012