All reviews walk in shower meeting space my mother in law sparkling clean new years day the young lady bed was very comfortable cup of coffee cell phone business center road trip pillows birmingham interstate walmart
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Great hotel staff very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast, nice pool and fitness center, no hot tub but a great patio for a nice gathering to talk with family or friend. Also close to Wal-Mart and several restaurants.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Great experience! Hotel looks brand new, very clean! Great breakfast buffet and friendly staff. We stayed here with our 3 kiddos and it was exactly what we needed! We also stopped at the Birmingham zoo which was really nice. Overall impressed with Birmingham

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I chose this hotel because of the proximity to UAB campus. I also booked the meeting space to host a reception for my brother's graduation. Charlotte Bren in sales was fantastic. She gave me all the tools to be successful.

I booked a king suite which was huge and clean. My family booked 6 other rooms and they loved the size. The hotel itself looks modern and probably had a renovation completed recently. The location has plenty of eating places and a 24 hour Walmart across the street. The night auditor Bryant stood out for me. I checked in late and he still treated me as if he had known me for years.
Ashley in F&B was incredible! She took care of all of my needs regarding the reception.

The only issue that arose was Sunday morning there was no chef. I instructed my family to all meet but was told by the front desk that the only thing was available was oatmeal and toast. This is still mind boggling to me that there was no one else available to prepare breakfast. I did receive an apology and nice email from the hotel.

Overall, this hotel is still a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2018

This was one of my least favorite hotel experiences in recent memory - probably since a stay in Philadelphia in 2015. In any event, the mattresses were advertised as queens, but they were among the smallest "queen" mattresses I have ever slept on. The air conditioning made a high-screeched noise when it ran, and was not adequate to keep a small room in very humid Alabama well-ventilated. The room size was cramped for four people and none of us slept on the very uncomfortable mattresses and pillows. I will know to avoid this hotel in the future in Birmingham. Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn just down the road instead.

The young lady at check-in was delightful, as was the young man working at the bar/vending counter.

Room Tip: If all mattresses are the same & rooms are similar in size, I wouldn't recommend this hotel for more than an individual on a business trip.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Hello Stacey C,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Holiday Inn Birmingham Homewood AL. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory.

IHG values your experience with our hotels. I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Cheers,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Joy at the front desk truly did her name well from the moment we walked in. She was accommodating, kind and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. She helped us with dinner options, and made sure we had the best rate. Thank you Joy! The hotel was very clean and rooms were nice. Only draw back was our door had some damage on it. Maybe from a luggage cart?

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family