“They live up to their great reputation”

Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Monica, CA
“They live up to their great reputation”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I do a lot of corporate travel, and usually stay at pretty expensive places on the company dime, so when i booked this Holiday Inn for a family visit, i wasn't expecting much. Boy, what a surprise! Beautiful, spacious and well-designed lobby. The staff seems to be trained to outdo themselves trying to make you happy. The reception staff was fantastic. The rooms were also beautifully designed and very clean...reminded me somewhat of much pricier places I've stayed in NYC. Terrific value!

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevators...mine, 404, was right behind the elevator and very loud day and nigh...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Steve V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
AWSOME! Just what we love to hear. Many people are more than suprised when they arrive. They are expecting "another Holiday Inn". We are an awad winning hotel with IHG and are very pleased at the progress we have made here. I hope that you were able to dine in our restaurant and enjoy some of our excellent food, or relax in our bar after work. While we love the hustle and bustle of NYC, there is something about the quietness and the lake view that relaxes you while here. See you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at this property for a week to conduct Professional Business Meetings. As a business traveler throughout my career I felt compelled to write this review and share my thoughts.

It is rare you have the chance to experience service above and beyond what you normally expect. This particular hotel has the best of everything to offer anyone wanting an exceptional stay both Professional and Personal.

I wish I could call out one or two outstanding employees but the fact is the entire staff deserves the recognition. The accommodations and services were outstanding including these specific areas of what the property has to offer to anyone with high expectations of what they provide.

* Friendliness of the entire staff
* Modern, Clean and Well Kept Facility
* Outstanding Sleeping Rooms
* Outstanding Meeting Rooms
* Complete Professional Staff
* Unsurpassed Food and Beverage

If you are looking for a hotel based environment to conduct Business Meetings I strongly recommend this hotel to you and your company. From the Events Manager, Chef, Kitchen Staff and Servers, This was an overwhelming experience for me in the level of service provided.

Everyone attending the meetings during the week were equally impressed when encountering the staff and their willingness to accommodate every need that arose.

In closing I have to mention the quality of the food received during the stay and meetings conducted. Normally, I will go out to eat (Dinner) as I get tired of hotel food for three meals a day.

WOW is all I can say. The Chef and his team prepare meals you would expect in an above average restaurant. Not just me but all the attendees just ranted and raved about the quality of the food provided for their Breakfast and Lunch meals. It exceeded their expectations as well.

I hope this review will help anyone reading it to feel confident they are making the right decision in trusting in an overwhelming and above expectations experience that awaits them.

Room Tip: I prefer a room close to the elevators because of the gear and equipment used each day to conduct Bu...
Green Features: Energy saving devices throughout the property. They address Environmental Impact above average as compared to other hotels.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Steve V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Tracy - WOW, is all we can say. Every employee at this hotel takes pride in what we do. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We understand that mistakes happen, however it is how we recover that is key to or success. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated and hardworking team, from housekeeping and maintenance to our front desk and food and beverage departments, and yet all would be lost without the help and support of our sales department. We have shared your comments with every associate and feedback such as your makes us realize that our hard work and dedication pays off. When you are ready to schedule your next meeting please give us a call. Thanks again!
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at this location a couple of weekends ago to go to an Alabama game. The location is really good, near lots of great restaurants and shopping. Its also not too far from Tuscaloosa and an easy drive. The rooms look like they have been updated and the rooms were plenty nice. They did recognize our Platinum Elite Status and gave us free breakfast for the 2 days we stayed. I could see why we couldn't get an upgrade because the hotel was very very busy and appeared full.
Pros: Location, Restaurants near by, Updated Room and Very Friendly Employees
Cons: Pool was cold and had a horribly strong smell of chlorine, my daughter braved the pool but now her swim suit is a shade lighter! Breakfast would have been better if the buffet had been fully stocked...we got down there at 8:30 and there was no bacon left and most of the other items were down to scraps...we were down there about 30 minutes and never saw anymore bacon put out there, even though many people showed up to eat. So it would be nice to see the breakfast restocked a little better.
The air conditioner is extremely tricky...the room would stay cool as long as you had it on 65, but any higher than that...it would blow out plain air that isn't cool... so we either had to have it extremely cold or no air... that was a bit of a pain but we just bundled up...
Over all though the hotel is a good choice for staying because of its location. The location cant be beat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Steve V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for the feed back about your recent stay. We try to make everyone stay perfect and it looks like we missed on a few key points with you. Please know that these items have already been addressed and know that this is the only way we can continue to be an award winning hotel. I hope that on your next visit you give us a chance to see the improvements that have been made.
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was a most pleasurable stay. All staff members are very friendly and accommodating. They were all excellent. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The food was wonderful. The breakfast buffet had anything and everything you could ask for. Blair does a great job with food and beverage. Danielle, the front desk manager, is there to greet you with a smile. The hotel is very well maintained, both inside and outside. Great Hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Staff goes the extra mile to make your stay pleasant. Very accommodating! Food was excellent. The...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
GREAT! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are very lucky to have such an amazing Food and Beverage Director such as Blair. He has done great things with us and has improved our restaurant and banquets. Danyelle has been here for almost 2 years and truly is an asset to the hotel. I am very happy to see that the entire teams hard work and dedication to making us the top hotel in Hoover is paying off. Thanks again for the kind words and we hope that we get to see you here again soon. Safe travels!
Sj
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Ashley was a excellent bartender and hostess! Along the rest of the staff. They always made you feel like you where at home! Danelle the manager was always greeting you with smile and welcoming as back after a long hard day work. It was like coming whenever I walk in the lobby !

• Stayed October 2013
Steve V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you so much for the comments about our associates. We are very fortunate to have such dedicated, fun associates that are able to set us apart from other hotels. We strive at making every guests experience a memorable one and hope that we get to see them back while in Hoover. With holidays right around the corner hopefully you will be back to do some shopping since we are so close to the Galleria Mall. Thanks again!
Fremont, California
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This had been awesome. The bartender Ashley has been the best I've seen. The staff is excellent the rooms were great the setting is great. The staff has been so helpfull the luandry is great. Parking is great. Rooms are spacious. The hallways are clean.

• Stayed October 2013
AWSOME! Thank you so much for the positive comments. Ashely is a true asset to us. We are so very fortunate to have her on our team. Your right about our location, we are centerally located to so many restaurants, shops, the Galleria Mall, Hoover Met and so many other attractions in Birmingham. We take pride in our hotel and even though we are just over two years old, we strive to keep our property looking new. Thanks again and hope to see you on a return visit to Hoover.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I am a frequent patron of this Holiday Inn Hotel (at one to two days weekly). I and the company I work with have chosen this Holiday Inn Hotel because of professional maintained facility, the professional and friendly staff that operate it, and how everyone on the staff here always goes above and beyond my expectations in assuring me that any and all my needs are always met and attended to. I do and always will recommend this Holiday Inn Hotel in Hoover, AL to all my business associates, friend's, and family members and to anyone I hear of looking for Professional and Friendly lodging in the Birmingham, AL area. Of all the places I travel around the southern United States this Hotel and it's staff are by far the most exceptional at Total Guest Satisfaction with a friendly atmosphere that makes you feel like you are staying with friends or relatives.

Room Tip: Every room I have ever used at this Hotel was exceptional and always exceeded my needs.
Green Features: I have stayed at most of the competitor's of this Hotel but have never as of yet stayed at a Hotel where the friendliness of the staff made me feel more comfortable. I almost feel like I'm staying with a friend or family member's house when I stay there.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Lamar - thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy work schedule to compliment us on our hotel and associates. Our goal is to make everyone feel like they are family at home. We appreciate all the referals that you give us, and remember with the holidays approaching we will have some great rates for visiting family members. THanks again and look forward to another successful meeting!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
Residence Inn Birmingham Hoover
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hoover/Birmingham

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover? Share your experiences!