“Not good!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Michael's
Cuisines: American
Description: Michael's Restaurant was originally located on 20th Street, Birmingham, Alabama; but it has moved to the above-cited address.
“Not good!”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Every thing was going great until our salads arrrived. First my friends salad wasnt fixed right waittress caught before the plate hit the table.(salad dressing on the side) simple mistake we were kinda a large group. I got a roasted corn and lobster bisque and it was great. She finally got her salad and there was hair in it. Dark long and curly not any of ours. We get our food and everything is as we ordered. I ordered stuffed shrimp and they taste aweful!! Over cooked and cooked in old grease maybe. The mashed potatoes and spinach were good. I had a peice of something in my water. She brought a "new" cup of water and it also had something in it. I think she just fill my cup. My husband got steak and he was less than impressed for the price. Prices are higher than most. A few of the guys with us got a hamburger(cheapest thing on the menu) and they said it was very good. The fries it came with were also very good. Overall bad experience. Wouldn't recommend! And we wondered why there was 30-2 hour wait everywhere but Michaels.

Hoover, Alabama
“Decent food, but you'll never confuse this place for Flemings”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

While the service was good, the food was simply OK. The NY strip lacked flavor and was terribly undercooked. My wife thinks everything about Outback is better (entree, salad, side item, and atmosphere). Personally, I enjoyed the jazz band which plays on Fri night, but the music was too loud. In summary, I'm glad I had a Groupon.

Birmingham -Alabama
“Food was good but greasy - good location”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Michael's has been a landmark restaurant in Birmingham for several decades. The original restaurant changed its location to the Riverchase Galleria in Hoover. It has changed owners but the receipes are the same. The food is traditional Southern cooking, which unfortunately is cooked with a great deal of grease. The prices are reasonable (entree with 2 side orders) for less than $10.00, and the portions are reasonable for lunch.

• Visited February 2011