“Great Location, GREAT PLACE!”

Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Hoover
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel was just lovely. Great place, great people. The front desk staff could use a little service improvement with their communication, but I'm a very harsh critic of that...The rooms were WONDERFUL. Very clean, very modern, very nice and comfortable. There was lots of "living" space, as well as the room itself, as well as a fridge and little sink area! The breakfast was AMAZING with tons of options and choices. The location is just wonderful--lots of shopping and restaurants nearby as well as a LARGE shopping mall! I would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Mixed bag on this hotel visit. Husband and daughter traveling with me. Booked a room through Hotwire for $70. Staff very friendly at check-in and very prompt. Gave us a room on the fourth floor. Stepped off the elevator and noticed a VERY strong odor. Only way to describe it is like a tom cat marking his territory. Walked down to our room, opened the door and the smell was still there. Room only had one bed and we needed two. Called down to change rooms and again, very helpful, friendly staff switched us right away. First floor room with two beds, thankfully, had no hint of odor. Pros: Huge spacious room, desk, free wifi, big sofa, refrigerator, great shower. Cons: No microwave, closet door off rails, coffee cups not clean. Took daughter out to swim in the pool. Pool area needed attention. Ladder had a broken step. Pool deck looked in need of some minor repairs. Water was a bit cloudy, but not too bad. Great free breakfast. Eggs, sausage, cereals, etc. Bottom line, it was a good stay for the price. Just seems the property is showing its age (or lack of TLC) a bit. For one night, it was fine. If you can get a deal, (and avoid the 4th floor) go for it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 306 and we were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room, updated decor and great location for the money. Overall, a great value. Breakfast ends at 9:30, but has a decent selection. There's a nice offering of cookies in the evening, and the ladies at the front desk are very friendly. The hotel is located next to many restaurants, near a Starbucks, and only a mile or two from the mall. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We booked this hotel thru Hotwire for $59 (3 star, Hoover area) on our way back from Florida..We were pleasantly surprised that it was a Hyatt. Our room was large with a queen-sized sofa and very comfy king bed. Large vanity in bathroom. We had a complimentary HOT breakfast that included scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, oatmeal with many toppings, fresh fruit, pastries, and bagels. The best part of our stay was the friendly staff. The ladies at breakfast were very pleasant and accommodating. There is a unique shopping area just two blocks down the street with many restaurants. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Where to start. I checked in and that was ok. I went to my room, accessible, by the elevator and I found a dead cockroach in my room. I felt weird changing rooms for that since it was dead but I did - I called down and the woman apologized and I tried to act easy going about it. She said to come down and get a new key. I dragged all my stuff down, got a new key. The two people that worked there and another woman were just hanging out, chatting. I went to the second room, it was accessible, by the elevator and I looked at the bathroom and seriously it was like it was from 1985. I've never seen this kind of facility at a Hyatt Place. The shower nozzle was old, the whole thing had a bad feeling so I asked for another room - I explained I've been to these hotels before and not seen facilities like this. She changed me again, I dragged my stuff down, the people that work there are chatting away, and I get a 3rd key to a room... oh, big surprise, it's a room RIGHT in front of the elevator. ALL I am saying is that I did pay through priceline but the room wasn't free and after having a dead cockroach in my room, maybe you could get me a GOOD room. Extremely disappointing. Plastic shower curtains that I'm sure are not cleaned/switched out, I know I didn't want to step on the floor with bare feet. The bed was ok. Breakfast ended at 9am which I found very early and missed it. Overall, I was extremely disappointed with the facilities and the service.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel... about 30 min down the highway there are more options as well as other o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank charse81
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Sent here for 2 weeknights in June for business. Loved the extra space (seating area plus sleeping area) but had noisy air con unit that also leaked--hence very musty smell. Could not change room. Nice amenities, great breakfast and easy access to rest of city. Use the back parking lot--a lot more space. Be advised they allow pets--you may get a barking dog next door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We walked in to find quite a few people waiting to be checked in. The staff seemed a bit overwhelmed but kept it together. Turns out there were several groups that had just arrived. We promptly were given a room and it was nice. The fact that there were two areas was great! The swivel tv was a great idea. The remote was lackluster but we were only there for a night. Late checkout (noon) was a nice feature since we didn't fell hurried in the morning. Breakfast was fantastic!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoover
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Hoover
Courtyard Birmingham Hoover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hoover/Birmingham

Been to Hyatt Place Birmingham/Hoover? Share your experiences!