“Great place”

Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great place”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a consistently good place to eat. Good food, good service, good prices and good decor.
The chicken parm is sometimes a little dry but the fagioli soup and salad is always great and so is the lasagne.
Their bread (served w/dipping oil) is excellent and they will bring as much as you want.

• Visited June 2013

Madison, Alabama
“The Worst Italian Food I Have Ever Had”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I had been looking to try Terranova's for quite some time. Most of the Italian restaurants in the Huntsville area are chains, so I was looking forward to this experience. I liked the decor as soon as I walked in. Other than having too much space and not enough tables, which made it seem a bit like a warehouse, it was nicely decorated. I wanted to sit at the bar, since I was alone, but they don't have one. Though there were plenty of open seats and booths, the hostess tried to seat me between the in-and-out doors for the kitchen. No thanks. I got her to put me in a booth. I ordered Pasta Fagioli soup and the Terranova's trio. The soup was tolerable; the "lasagna" and "chicken parmigiana" barely resembled food, let alone Italian cuisine. I have had much better sauce out of a jar.
Sorry, Terranova's, but I will not be back to your restaurant; Carraba's takes the cake in HSV, with Macaroni Grill a no-so-close second place.

• Visited July 2013
Athens, Alabama
“Rude Management”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The food was enjoyed by my entire family and the service was great. However, where I sat, which wasn't too terribly close to the hostess stand, I could see a large man with a beard whom I believe to be the manager was constantly inattentive to the customers (I saw at least 5 employees hanging around with him and the big man never once even checked to make sure any of the customers needed help with anything, probably because he was too busy playing on his phone) while also berating his own employees. Since the entire restaurant was pretty quiet, this was very upsetting for my family to hear, and I question this restaurants employment ethics if this is how business is managed.
The entire meal consisted of him telling his employees that he'd charge them two dollars for making him work at the stand, even though he probably is the one who imposed that rule (I had a boss like that once.). I'm not quite sure what his problem was, but after working in the food industry for some time I can tell you that's borderline illegal.
I will definitely NOT be coming back, and I bid the managers of this place good luck if they can survive the food service industry with this kind of attitude.

• Visited July 2013
Madison, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful, bland”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Chicken parm is dry. Lasagne is tasteless. I can't believe this place is still open. I've given it several tries, but it is awlways awful.

Visited July 2012
Anniston, Alabama
“Nice Italian restaurant in Huntsville Al.”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Ate here, for the first time, with my spouse and another couple on a weekday at lunch time. Not crowded at all. Nice relaxing atmosphere. Waiter was nice and knowledgeable. They first bring you some home made bread, they make right there, with the olive oil dip. OMG ....delicious!! The menu is the usual Italian and very reasonable. My friend and I had the eggplant Parmesan. We both agreed it was tough and should try something different next time. My spouse had the spaghetti and our other friend had the stuffed noodles; both agreed theirs was good. We all agreed that we should try it again.

• Visited May 2013