All reviews quiet stay redstone arsenal hot tub road construction room was clean restaurant staff business hotel indoor pool great place to stay room service definitely stay here again hotel room convenient location easy access staff was friendly very nice hotel omelet
Reviewed 25 July 2014

When you first walk into the hotel, it's like taking a breath of fresh air. The decor is gorgeous (I'd put their blue curtains in my house) and the 3? story lobby is so bright and airy and welcoming. The staff, especially Jackie at the front desk were so kind and always in a good mood and so helpful. The room's decor was little bit disappointing after the wonderful first impression. I stayed in room 419 and the dresser drawers weren't hung right and I couldn't open them without a fight equivalent to reeling in a marlin. The sliding shower door was slightly better, but still didn't want to cooperate without some stiff negotiation. There wasn't a bathtub in my room, which I would have liked, but it's not a deal breaker. The walls must have no sound dampening, because I could hear every word of a phone conversation from the man in the room next to me. The best thing about this hotel is its cleanliness. I've never seen a hotel that was so clean. Even the light fixtures and tops of the doors had been dusted and everything smelled clean and fresh. The indoor pool is great and I like that there were doors that lead outside from the pool area to get some sun. The hotel's location is perfect if you're going to Redstone Arsenal. It's just outside of gate one and has perfect access to the base and it's close to a Kroger grocery store (there's a refrigerator and microwave in the room). The location is very quiet because it's at the end of a dead end road that has an assisted living facility and a retirement neighborhood. There's also a large grassy area behind the hotel that's perfect for a pickup soccer game or a place for kids to run off some energy.

Room tip: I was close to the elevator and didn't hear a thing from it.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South.Our team members are working harder than ever to deliver the exceptional service you have come to expect and appreciate your thoughtful comments!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very clean rooms, great location and would stay again. I was disappointed that due to a "wedding party" I couldn't check in after 1, although check-in was at 3 but normally, we never have to wait until check-in-time. There were wedding bags all over the guest counter when we arrived. I was also disappointed that they would not honor my AARP card because I didn't mention it WHEN I made the reservations.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

We are sorry about the problems encountered at check in but are happy you will be staying here again in the future. Thank you for your nice review.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel had some issues.

Pros: Easy to get to HSV; easy access to Redstone Arsenal; near Space and Rocket Center; staff are friendly; room was clean; little/no outside noise; bed was comfortable; sliding glass door in shower is a nice touch; exercise/weight room.

Cons: (1) the door to the rooms don't have a stopper on them to keep them from slamming shut. As a result, there were doors slamming shut late into the night. (2) during peak hours in the morning, the shower's water temperature fluctuated between hot and cold. (3) the walls are paper thin. I could hear my neighbor having a conversation about his finances easily.

I generally like HGIs, but with the doors not slowing before they slam shut and the thin walls I'm likely to look elsewhere first.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. Your business is important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The bar/ restuarant food is good but terrible service on two different stays over a 6 month period. They only have one waitress on staff so it normally takes atleast 1.5-2 hours for a single meal. You're better off going to a local restuarant.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to improve and grow. Thank you for your review and we hope you will choose us on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Lobby remodeled and is nice. Food in restaurants is great. Staff friendly. Indoor pool is nice. For a hotel this expensive however, was very disappointed in room. Slow internet. Hard (very hard) bed. A button that you are supposed to push to make it soft-- I did not notice any difference. Stayed hard. Gross looking large stain on wall of room. Mold in the bathroom. It isn't that the hotel is terrible, but there is another Hilton Hotel (Doubletree) on same street that is fantastic, so I guess I expected more (that one was full). If they would remodel the rooms and put in nice beds with down comforters...they would be a great hotel. The lobby and restaurant were great.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad you enjoyed the lobby and restaurant but would like to apologize there were problems with your room. . Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.