“Love this place, we come nearly every year.”

U.S. Space and Rocket Center
US Space and Rocket Center Admission
Ranked #5 of 77 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Home to Space Camp, Aviation Challenge and NASA's Official Visitor Information Center for Marshall Space Flight Center; The U.S. Space & Rocket Center is recognized as one of the most comprehensive U.S. manned space flight hardware museums in the world.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've always had a fascination with America's space program and now that it's been nearly dismantled by the current administration I find revisiting our historic accomplishments to be a slight consolation. The US Space and Rocket Center is one of the poignant reminders of American exceptionalism and brings back those feelings I had as a youngster of the milestones of the Space Shuttles missions. Since I did not experience the earliest days of spaceflight and the moon landings visiting the Space and Rocket Center gives me an idea of the excitement that previous generations cherish in their hearts. The IMAX theatre is amazing, and the static displays are educational but the rockets and missiles on display outside always capture my gaze and evoke the strongest emotions. The US Space and Rocket Center is one of the things that remain in our land that one cannot help of which being very proud. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable and it's neat to watch the Space Camp attendees move about with their activities. Exhibits and displays occasionally change but even if they don't my family and I continue to come back whenever we can.

3  Thank frateshaykr
Write a ReviewReviews (2,483)
All reviews
in 28 reviews
"kids and adults"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I am glad that we went early before a lot of the crowd showed up that we encountered upon our departure. We parked right up front, didn't have to wait in a line to pay for admission and had clear photo shots. Space camp was going on so there were many kids running around, but they were pleasant. It was a great experience

USSRC, Public Relations Manager at U.S. Space and Rocket Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent visit to our center. Thank you for taking the time out to give us feedback on your experience. We hope to see you all come back soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My boys LOVE this place! They have a restaurant and everything, so you could spend all day. It's what Huntsville is famous for....a must see while visiting the city.
Pros: lots to do. out side rides and two inside museums. Lots to learn too! Movie theater inside for additional charge. Gift shops inside. Restaurant inside.
Cons: pricey! I don't think they do military discounts anymore either :(

Also -if you are local they usually have a summer pass that we buy. It's $40 from Memorial day til Labor day. This is an amazing deal and usually the only way we visit.

We are so happy that you all enjoyed your recent visit to our center. We are constantly working on new exhibits, simulators, and features to ensure every guest has an exceptional visit. We do currently have military discounts with admission to our museum. Thank you for taking the time out to give us feedback on your experience. We hope to see you all come back soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very impressive museum. No matter how old or young you are, you will enjoy learning new stuff about space shuttle and other types of machines the NASA program used. There is one ride called the G force and that is a really fun ride there.

We are so happy that you all enjoyed your recent visit to our center. Thank you for taking the time out to give us feedback on your experience. Glad to hear you enjoyed the G Force! We hope to see you all come back soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A few weeks ago I purchase some tickets online to visit the Space Center but unfortunately as my travel plans changed I was unable to visit it. I called the center and was told I would be able to receive a refund. However after numerous calls (from the UK to the US) and emails, although I was told in writing I would get my money back, I didn't. I called the center so many times that my international phone bill is almost the same as the price for tickets!

One of the worst customer service experiences!

4  Thank Cristina M
USSRC, Public Relations Manager at U.S. Space and Rocket Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We are sorry to hear that your recent encounter with our customer service corespondents did not meet your expectations. We strive to ensure every guest has exceptional service in person and over the phone, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback on how we can improve. We have passed along your comments to the specific areas you mentioned. We do hope that you will be able to visit our center in the future.