“Hit & Miss”
Review of O'Charleys

O'Charleys
Ranked #278 of 631 Restaurants in Huntsville
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've been hosting groups meetups here off and on for several years. Always with advance reservations, so they can't excuse any problems to being surprised by a large group.
While the individual servers are generally pretty good, even when short handed, more often than not it seems local management really doesn't want us. Which I don't understand, because the dining area is never full when we're there. We typically bring more business than the entirety of the rest of the venue. A district/regional manager contacted me when we stopped showing up regularly because they immediately saw "on the books" that their "biggest business night" dropped off. With district involvement we had a few good times, but then it quickly degraded again.
Food is average (rolls are excellent), drinks are hit & miss. Just a typical chain franchise.
I tolerate it because for groups it is conveniently located, has a large room behind the bar and the bar area itself is isolated from the main dining area. Never full so is near 'guaranteed' we can get a group reservation almost any time, I just wish they'd be more welcoming.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I visited this place for the first time and it will be our last time!
The drink prices are way too high for what they serve you, but that was the least of our issues. We sat at the bar and ordered two take-out meals. Our order finally came out and after looking thru everything, we discovered that half of our order was missing! We told the server and it seemed to be a big joke to her, she admitted it was her fault and assured us that it would be out in 3 minutes. She left my husband's meal sitting on the counter to get cold, and after waiting 15+ minutes (not 3 min like she had said), my meal finally came out. We took our order and went home. When we got home my husband's meal was obviously cold, and then I discovered that they had given me the wrong gravy with my meal!! Who serves brown gravy with chicken fried steak, they were supposed to give me white gravy and had given me brown??!! The salad that I had gotten with my meal was also awful...it was not fresh and all the vegetables were wilted. In the cup of dressing that I got with my salad, there was something floating in the dressing!! Yuk!!
The managers that work there obviously don't care about service, as while we were waiting for the rest of our order to come out, he came by and asked us if everything was okay. I told him that they forgot half our order and he acted like it was no big deal and walked away. Really??!!
We will NEVER go back to this place!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Huntsville's O'Charleys is excellent. We always feel we can count on the consistently good quality of food and service when we stop at an O'Charley's restaurant, and this one meets that standard. The server was very pleasant and the food was great.

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Locals laugh at me, but when I travel to Huntsville for work I always insist on hittting O'Charley's at least once. Amazing food, great prices, and friendly service.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

The best part of a O'Charley;s meal is the rolls that they serve you. The menu is not that great and the help is sometimes rude. The atmosphere of the restaurant is okay. Prices are average. There are other better restaurants to try other than this one.