“Good Food, Understanding Staff”

Sam and Greg's Galeteria and Pizzeria
Ranked #19 of 620 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Sam and Greg's is a quaint pizzeria in the heart of downtown Huntsville, AL. We specialize in hand tossed pizza, and home-made gelato. A great place to visit in Huntsville.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had lunch and dinner here while at a conference. The staff was very open to discussing options for individuals with food sensitivities or dietary restrictions. My gluten-free colleague was very happy with her dinner, and I was able to get a good meal as a vegan. By the crowd, I could tell the local populace definitely like the place.

1  Thank CrimsonAutomaton

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We came here on a miserably rainy Sunday night and it was pretty quiet. I can imagine it gets a big lunch crowd since it is downtown.
Our pizzas were good as was my ham and cheese flatbread. My husband tried a few of the local beers which he declared decent (I noticed he didn't order any twice though.)
Their gelato selection is pretty decent...the usuals and then some more interesting flavors. None of us were feeling adventurous but were pleased with our choices. I did taste the lemon basil which was decent but I didn't love it enough to get a whole serving.
I will mention that their bathroom could be cleaner. With such a cute establishment and friendly staff, I was surprised at its' condition.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I always to eat at locally owned restaurants and so many others are closed on Mondays. This place is cute and delicious! The outside patio and gelato set it over the top.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Group of friends and I always go here for pizza and gelato. Great food with laid atmosphere. Sometimes have live entrainment and there is a very trendy bar next door. Favorite place to get pizza in Huntsville!

1  Thank Daniegirl87
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We came in a group of 3 moms and 3 teen daughters. I had picked Sam and Greg's based on their reviews and we were not disappointed. Everyone's food looked and smelled wonderful and all guests were happy with their orders. My daughter ordered the Polynesian Pizza which was delicious. I ordered the brat sandwich which was actually like a calzone. The brat, sauerkraut, onions and mustard stuffed inside...what a yummy treat! We all had gelato, which was excellent. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank LWalker2014