“Good first visit”

Ranked #29 of 598 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sam and Greg's is a quaint pizzeria in the heart of downtown Huntsville, AL. We specialize in hand tossed pizza, and home-made gelato. A great place to visit in Huntsville.
Madison, Georgia
“Good first visit”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Had a pretty good meal/experience dining there for the first time last week. We didn't know what to expect when we walked in but were quickly directed to place our order at the register. We had the brat, calzone and Greek pita w/ the first two very good but the last a little greasy. Good microbrew selection but the bar service seemed disconnected from the order taker at the register. Still the place just opened so they are working out the bugs. Good first impression, they should only get better.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bosox61

Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Understanding Staff”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had lunch and dinner here while at a conference. The staff was very open to discussing options for individuals with food sensitivities or dietary restrictions. My gluten-free colleague was very happy with her dinner, and I was able to get a good meal as a vegan. By the crowd, I could tell the local populace definitely like the place.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank CrimsonAutomaton
philadelphia area
“Good pizza and gelato”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We came here on a miserably rainy Sunday night and it was pretty quiet. I can imagine it gets a big lunch crowd since it is downtown.
Our pizzas were good as was my ham and cheese flatbread. My husband tried a few of the local beers which he declared decent (I noticed he didn't order any twice though.)
Their gelato selection is pretty decent...the usuals and then some more interesting flavors. None of us were feeling adventurous but were pleased with our choices. I did taste the lemon basil which was decent but I didn't love it enough to get a whole serving.
I will mention that their bathroom could be cleaner. With such a cute establishment and friendly staff, I was surprised at its' condition.

• Visited April 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice Atmosphere Polite Staff Tasty Pizza”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I always to eat at locally owned restaurants and so many others are closed on Mondays. This place is cute and delicious! The outside patio and gelato set it over the top.

“Favorite place for pizza!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Group of friends and I always go here for pizza and gelato. Great food with laid atmosphere. Sometimes have live entrainment and there is a very trendy bar next door. Favorite place to get pizza in Huntsville!

1 Thank Daniegirl87